Year 7!!!

Alice Urrutia
on 1/3/15 4:54 pm - Fresno, CA

Wow January 16. 2015 will mark my 8 year anniversary since my surgery pre surgery weight 264lbs. Current weight 148lbs overall doing well still having issues with my digestive tract I've been diagnosed with IB and I have not been able to afford a tummy tuck so I've been dealing with tearing of my skin under my flap although I don't get infections because I keep it very clean it seems that when one side heals the other side tears oh well the story of my life. My pouch has not stretched to much I still eat child portions but I am able to eat often. I am able to tolerate sugar in moderation milk is my enemy. And no mashed potatoes for me although fried potatos are just fine. In conclusion considering I was given 3 to 6 months to live and it's been 8 years I guess I'm doing something right.

Stephanie B.
on 1/19/15 9:37 am - Chattanooga, TN

Happy belated anniversary!! Glad to see you posting and to hear how things are going.  Hope all things work out with the IBS and hope that you get to have the tummy tuck soon! 

And what a testimony that you had 3 to 6 months to live and you are still hear 8 years later. 

I miss the group camaraderie we had when we first started our journey.  I have my 8 yr anniversary on 1/31/15, it doesn't seem like it has been that long.  I started my journey at 327 and Sunday morning the scale read 162. I will not complain about that at all! 

Hope to talk to you again soon!  (I need to update my profile picture, I am never on here :-) )

Alice Urrutia
on 1/20/15 2:46 am - Fresno, CA

Thanks Stephanie I'm glad you took the time to reply. I agree I miss  this group it was such a help to me. And although I still have support from my family it's not the same as from those of us that have gone thru this journey. Perhaps together we can revive it 

Alice Urrutia

Stephanie B.
on 1/23/15 10:27 pm - Chattanooga, TN

I am willing to try :-) I dont know if most of the group are evening using OH anymore though....maybe if we keep chatting and posting new topics on regular basis they will come around and peek to see what is going on? :-) 

robinreinhardt
on 1/20/15 2:57 am

Stephanie,

You have done so well. Especially after 7 years. I am new here and I pray that I can meet your goals. Have a great week. Thanks for your post.

Robin

Stephanie B.
on 1/23/15 10:26 pm - Chattanooga, TN

Thanks Robin!! Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing!  Prayer is one of the tools in this journey that has helped a LOT!!  :-)  Hope your week was awesome as well.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1389 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1069 views