Roll call! Just checking on everyone! How ya doing?

Rachael Richardson
on 7/15/11 4:28 am - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
Yes the worse is behind me it does get better! 
I am about three weeks post op and in the mushy stage.  Foods are going down ok, however, have to eat very slow and take tiny bites.  Protein shakes are a challenge.  I have tried Isopure and Unjury.The Believe pre-mixed drink I ordered from Bariatric Eating.com did not settle with my stomach at all.

Still also dealing with Nasuea mornings when I wake up are the hardest.  I am still taking Zofran twice a day.  My lower left side muscles are still giving me hell.   I am still sore on the lower left side, and have ahard time walking long distances.  Grocery store shopping or  a slow 20 min walk will cause the muscle to act up and ache.  Using heating pad and tylenol. 

I have lost 20 lbs since the surgery, I am no longer bloated, do not feel fatiqued from eating bad food and having all those negative toxins in my body.  I feel good!  My clothes are looser and I fit into a dress I could wear last month :) 

I think I must have lost inches because I feel lighter then the scale states!   By the way how long are you all on mushy diet?  

Donna

purplepeace79
on 7/15/11 6:51 am - Bronx, NY
 I'm 3 1/2 weeks out. Haven't weighed myself in a week b/c my scale is broken, but that's fine. I go to the Dr on Wedneday for a 1 month follow-up so I'll get weighed in then

I'm back to work. I still deal with some dizziness when I stand but it gets better.

I've gotten back to walking. I'm up to about 2 miles a day now. For my lunch break, I go walk around the neighborhood with my head phones. Its great to get out of the office. I get about 1.1-1.3 miles in. Then my walk to and from the train station is about .4-.5 miles. So, I'm moving at least.

I plan to go back to the gym starting next week to try the elliptical. I need to get moving. My doc said I can add serious weight lifting in August, so I'm SO ready for that. I love the gym and I will love it more now seeing actual results.

I'm eating/drinking things like guacamole, hummus, egg salad, scrambled eggs, mushed beans, peas, chili, greek yogurt, protein shakes, gatorade, water, green tea. I chew everything up very slowly until its almost dissolved then swallow. I can still only get in about 3-4 bites at a time before I feel full.

I'm averaging 6-900 calories a day. People notce the loss in my face but thats about it. I'm tall so its going to take a long while before any real changes are noticed.
SW: 364  Surgery Date: 6.21.11 *VSG*  LifeOfANappyHeadedFatChic.tumblr.com

That_816_Princess
on 7/15/11 2:52 pm - MO
 For a month and 2 days out I am feeling good....back to work and everything...been vlogging..wish i was writer

I will take back my body and take back my health! 
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leeshas-WLS-Journey-with-Gizmo-her-pouch/237635902947481 
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/TheLovelyRANDOMNESS
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/locdagoddess

Most Active