Recent Posts

VIXYVIX
on 8/3/03 7:23 am - fleetwood, pa
Topic: RE: Weight Gain
Hi there! I also had surgery july 2000 and have lost and gained 10-20 lbs. I go up and then down. When i have my peirod i seem to eat more chocolate (and dump) but then other times i just dont feel like eating. I was 128 1-2 years out and now I hold steady at 138 about. Don't get frustrated. I waas for such a long time. I put my bikini back in the closet. Just don't forget how far we came already, go look at old pictures. I pulled that bikini back out and wear it proudly at 138. You will gain some.....just keep a watchful eye for old bad habits. Eat 2 chips not the bag! LOL Good Luck and keep your chin up. Vicki Crabtree [email protected]
Carol R.
on 7/18/03 3:27 am - gretna, LA
Topic: RE: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Will ObesityHelp Magazine be available on the news stands? Thanks
Debbie J.
on 7/7/03 2:05 am - Peoria, IL
Topic: RE: Weight Gain
I had a hysterectomy in 2001 and put the kabosh on any more weight loss for over a hear. What a disheartening experience. I still have 45 more pounds to lose if not 50 and its hard to get organized enough for the big push. I'm trying Lean for LIfe and its a wonderful plan with lots of protein. It reminds me of the original Weigh****chers plan before they added back all the carbohydrates that sabotage my weight loss efforts. wwwleanforlife.com has addl information and there is a starter set for 49.95(not too bad). Once you're back in ketosis you feel wonderful. I swear carbs(other than fruit) are poison to some of us and cause enhanced appetite. I've started aerobic exercise again after golfing a lot this summer. Golf is okay, but its not aerobic and I need aerobic to burn. I'm sure the walking and swinging away at the golf ball does something, but not enough for my body to shrug off the weight that it seems to cling to. Of course OTHER people have no problem burning weight off by golfing and don't seem to have any weight effects from having a toddy on the 19th hole, but those people are not from my gene pool. In my gene pool, we get more milage from a carrot that you woudn't believe and thats good if there is a FAMINE! Anyway, my point is kick up the protein, toss the breads and sugar carbs out and hop on a treadmill. Just the mental feeling of being back in control is like a wonderful spiritual salve. Best of Luck!!!
Michele C.
on 6/22/03 9:07 am - Bradfrod, MA
Topic: Weight Gain
I had surgery in July 2000.....has anyone GAINED weight? Or is it just me? HELP! Michele
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision from VBG to DS
Mali · 0 replies · 401 views
Weight Gain
Michele C. · 11 replies · 800 views