August Updates

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/08 5:16 pm
nofrogs29
on 12/16/08 6:10 am - Fairfax, VA
 No, that is not slow; that is normal. I have lost 52 pounds (surgery 8/25/08) and my doctors think that is just right. I am 5'4" but I am 60 years old and not that physically active but getting better at it! I weighed 268 on day of surgery.

Maggie
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/08 5:19 pm
Jody H.
on 12/16/08 1:48 am - Des Moines, IA
I'm down 59 since surgery on the 26th.  

My goals are to: 
1)  Get through all of the holiday temptations without giving into the sugar cravings,
2)  Keep up an exercise when I'm so cold I just want to curl under a blanket and snuggle to stay warm. 
3)  Keep trying various proteins - and just accept  that sometimes - they will come back up.

I've been trying to not set weight loss goals -  I've noticed I stall 2-3 weeks and then drop for a week or two - then stall.     I don't set goals for things where I don't have much control over the outcome. 

Jody

nofrogs29
on 12/16/08 5:58 am - Fairfax, VA
 I don't really have a goal; down by 57 pounds since surgery date August 25th and am hovering at 210 also. I haven't been very good about supplements because protein shakes just go right through me and I get sick easily. Do you have a goal? I should try to increase my exercise -- like arms, scrunches and stuff like that. Tomorrow I will look for a mat to use on our hardwood floors. 

Maggie

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/09 6:57 pm, edited 1/28/09 9:37 am - Falls Church, VA
 Surgery was 8/13, I am down 97 pds...11 pds left to go.  Im 5'8" wearing a size 10.
heyheyhey
on 1/5/09 9:31 am - WA
Well, I am doing good.  Finally feeling really good, I have been working on working out.  The weight has slowed down a lot.  I have been trying to watch what I eat a lot closer.  I have lost 59 lbs and have gone from a size 22 to a 12!  It is amazing because it seems every other month I will lose weight.  So August, October, December, so maybe come Feb I will be down a few more lbs.  It seems my body stalls for at least 3 weeks every month, then whoosh.  I had my surgery the 26th.  I am in major need of a tummy tuck also.
nofrogs29
on 1/13/09 6:01 am - Fairfax, VA
I had surgery August 26; RNY (open) and have lost 65 pounds. I am 60 and was not very active by the time I had surgery and by Thanksgiving I started being able to walk for several hours around the house and just started on a treadmill on January 1st. I have arthritis in my feet from 30 years of jogging so sometimes I get frustrated because I have to get off my feet when I feel so darn energetic but that is just the way it is. I now weigh 201 and hope to get back to my "normal" weight ****il I was about 50) of 147 pounds. I am sort of at a plateau right now but I am patient.

Please tell me how you are doing and I would like to keep in touch. My email is [email protected]

Maggie
(deactivated member)
on 1/21/09 2:12 pm
half
on 1/23/09 12:50 am - TX
RNY on 08/11/08 with

I had surgery on August 11th.  I have lost 85 pounds.  I would like to be at 100 pounds by Feb 18th my 6th month check up.  My diabetes was great at my first checkup.  No more insulin.  My second check up it was up, so I have added back a little insulin.  That is OK though.  I am getting discouraged because lately my weight loss is slow.  I am also worried about what I eat.  I am sticking to plan, but still worried.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1115 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 874 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 849 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1087 views