~*~ 9 MONTH CHECK-IN ~*~

EzySpirit
on 6/21/07 3:35 pm - Middle Island, NY
Hi all, Well I am just past my 9th month. I am doing GREAT here in New York. Weight at morning of surgery: 200 Weight today: 130 Total lost since Surgery: 70 Weight lost prior to surgery: 8 TOTAL LOST: 78 Looking forward to hearing from you all. Have a Blessed Day. Love & Light, Dale AKA EzySpirit Lets all keep up the good work~!!
JennieJones
on 6/22/07 11:59 pm - Slatington, PA
Hello all!!! Weight at morning of surgery: 408 Weight today: 260 Total lost since Surgery: 148 Weight lost prior to surgery: 0 TOTAL LOST: 148 Congrats to everyone!!!!
Jess2086
on 6/24/07 5:24 am - none, PR
Doing just peachy over here with few complications. Weight at morning of surgery: 269 Weight today: 163 Total lost since surgery: 106 Weight loss prior to surgery: 0 Total lost: 106 I hope to be under goal(145lbs) before a year out, looks like it's do able. Good luck everyone!
Ki
on 6/25/07 5:45 am - Suitland, MD
MYy highest weight was 370lbs Weight at morning of surgery: 342lbs Weight today: 211lbs Total lost since Surgery: 131lbs Weight lost prior to surgery:28lbs TOTAL LOST: 159lbs GOD IS GOOD TO ME AND I"M SOOOOO BLESSED TO HAVE THIS 2ND CHANCE...I'VE LOST ALOT DURNING THIS JOURNEY(NOT ONLY WEIGHT) BUT CAN SAY I GAINED MYSELF BACK AGAIN!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE AND I PRAY GOD CONT. TO BLESS YOU ALL AS WELL KI
Dena B.
on 6/25/07 8:54 am - LeCenter, MN
I haven't checked onto this boards in months! Here are my details: Weight at morning of surgery: 223 Weight today: 116 Total lost since Surgery: 107 Weight lost prior to surgery: 3 TOTAL LOST: 110
Mom-of-5-Christine
on 6/27/07 12:53 am - Elgin, IL
Karen- I am not doing as well as you. I am getting a little discouraged also. I had my surgery september 15th and have lost 43 pounds so far. That is good I admit, but it could be so much better. I see how many people are losing close to 100 pounds in a year and I am nowhere near hitting that goal. What can I do to speed things up? Do I need to eat MORE or more often? I have 8 cc's in a VG band. I have been avoiding the Obesity Help website because it is a reminder of how poorly I am doing. Christine
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/07 9:44 am - Boca Raton, FL
Christine, What does your surgeon say? You can't compare yourself to anyone here or in your life for that matter. We all lose at different rates. Plus, RNYer's tend to lose faster than Lap Banders (not every time but more often than not). Are you exercising? Avoiding carbs? Getting in your protein? Getting in your water? Another thought is this: do you attend support groups? If so, maybe you can talk with other Bandster's and see how they are doing. But, first and foremost I would call your surgeon and maybe even see the nutritionist. Please stay connected! It helps our success! Hugs, Karen
Gladys S.
on 6/27/07 7:21 am - Detroit, MI
Weight at morning of surgery: 235 Weight today: 152 Total lost since Surgery: 83 Weight lost prior to surgery: 10 TOTAL LOST: 93 10lbs to goal
mystic_rhythm
on 6/28/07 4:03 am - LANDING, NJ
Weight at morning of surgery: 295 Weight today: 171 Total lost since Surgery: 124 Weight lost prior to surgery: 13 TOTAL LOST: 137 I'm now wearing a size 6/8 on the bottom, size 12 on top. Went from 52C bras to 38DD (though they're nothing but empty bags LOL). It's so wonderful to be able to wear button-down shirts that don't gap in front! Went from a 54-44-56 figure to a 41-32-41. I'm going to my 20th high school reunion in a few weeks and I'm thinner now than I was in high school No complications other than an existing lymphaedema in my legs that is gradually getting better. The docs believe it was a condition from before surgery that I never noticed but as time goes by it should improve. In the last several weeks I went to amusement parks, rock concerts and outdoor cafes. Sat on rickety folding chairs without worrying about them breaking. Walked up and down steps without passing out. Went skydiving for the first time. Am currently enjoying the 90+ degree weather without horrible irritations in my "folds" and without sweating if I move more than a few feet. Bought sexy clothing at Victoria's Secret and it wasn't the "biggest" size there. And as a result of that last one, discovered some really great "positions" with DH (who is 7 months out and 125 down himself). The skin thing isn't as bad as I thought it would be particularly in my middle. My husband jokes that I now have three asses (but that's OK, with what he's lost, so does he). My upper arms have batwings from hell so that's something I MIGHT mull correcting in a year or so. Until then, thank goodness for 3/4 sleeve shirts! I think the weirdest thing is something I never really expected and that is that I'm no longer "visible". When I'd go out shopping or to a mall or to an event, it was always a subtle reaction from people who noticed "the fat girl". The sidelong glances, especially at the supermarket, were always there but to be honest I didn't care much. It was only once that was gone that like the toothache you just learned to live with, you really start to notice its absence. Nobody "sees" me anymore, which is totally fine by me. I am happy to be just another face in the crowd...if anyone notices me it's because of ME...not because of the external baggage I carry around. It's a very fine point but one that has become very obvious over the last couple of months. Does anyone else feel that way? Best wishes to everyone!
Ellebelle
on 6/28/07 1:29 pm - Wilmar, MN
Weight at morning of surgery: 286.5 Weight today: 176.9 Total lost since Surgery: 109.6 Weight lost prior to surgery: 0 TOTAL LOST: 109.6
Most Active
Recent Topics
It's been 9 years yall!
jenn_in_ky · 1 replies · 597 views
food
Jessica H. · 2 replies · 762 views
Having a hard time
rspeters · 6 replies · 1104 views
Cold Hands and Feet
Ted R. · 2 replies · 1161 views
testing
JessicaMarie · 0 replies · 722 views