Recent Posts

kearstyn
on 8/10/10 1:06 pm - Wilton, IA
Topic: RE: Progress
I am so glad that people are still posting on this thread!  Its been 5 months since I originaly posted this and am now down 107lbs!!  I am actually going in for a panniculectomy and breast reduction on the 17th of Augus!  Im so nervous but I know I deserve it.  I have made it this far and need a reward! lol...  I will post pictures after it is all done and healed.  I hope everyone is doing great.  I think we are at the spot where we dont seem to loose as fast as what we did but I do find myself still loosing...little by little.  Im around 5 lbs a month loss since May.  Im still happy.  At least the scale isnt going up!!!

Take care eveyone!
Kearstyn
Kearstyn         
Crystalyn
on 8/10/10 11:56 am - Milwaukee, WI
I'm right now down 129 lbs.  I'm very thankful that I've gotten this far due to tearing the tendon in my left ankle. But hey when aren't things interesting.  I've found that chicken, bread,brussel sprouts, raw broccoli and califlower don't agree with Perry the pouch(yes I named it, it talks it needs a name).  I haven't had dumping syndrome, but I also am very strick about the carb count and will opt for sugar free if possible.  Protein is a hard thing, can't tolerate the protein shakes so I use the protein bars and will opt for higher protein meals.  I plan on celebrating my day by shopping for new clothes. 

francesdagrt
on 8/4/10 4:55 pm - Sylmar, CA
Hello!   I was just reading your comment and noticed we had surgery with the same doctor.  I had my surgery on 9/1/09.  Everything is going well with me.  I am at my goal. I started at 210 and am now at 119  I am a short person 5'1"    I probably could lose a few more pounds but am happy with where I'm at.  I really haven't had any complications.  And thankful as well.  I can eat pretty much anythihg.  Thank god for Dr. Quilicy.  
Lisa1212
on 7/30/10 11:23 pm, edited 7/31/10 11:23 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: Calling all September 2009 peeps
Not sure why I have waited this long to post here! Congrats to all you ladies...and any gents who may be reading!!

I had my surgery 9/3/09, and I must also say I really have no regrets. I only wish I hadn't been so stubborn in not going in sooner. I had a Molina band, and over the ten yrs following that surgery I gained all the weight back. I didn't realize it had been absorbed by my stomach. But, my Dr. straightened that out! And, although yes, this could have been taken care of while I was in my 30's, and perhaps I wouldn't have as much skin to deal with as I do now; it's a fact....and I'm happy with my current outcome. I too have had a few stalls, but usually I find it's b/cuz I haven't eaten enuf, or drank enuf. I lost lots of hair too, have been taking 1,000 mg Biotin 2x's a day, and it's coming back in, thankfully! With the Molina band, I lost lots of hair that never came back (use to have hair like a horses tail).

I am so thankful to have had such a good doctor, and a loving husband, and family to guide me to this decision. I think I knew in the back of my mind that I didn't want to die a big person, I yearned to be accepted again into this society of skinny people we live with. And by my 50th b-day (coming up this Dec. btw), I wanted to be skinny too! So...with fingers crossed, and tons of determination....I hope to cross my goal by then...wish me some luck!!! But to all of you guys here, congrats on your progress, I think we all deserve a big round of applause!!

MaMa_M
on 7/26/10 12:15 am - MI
Topic: RE: Anyone have aetna?

Insurance covered 100% after surgery but once the new year kicked in I had to pay $178 for a fill. Once my deductible is paid for this year it should go back to covering 100%.

MaMa M

Jaimemumof4
on 6/30/10 5:12 pm - Fergus, Canada

I had my gastric bypass on Sept. 1st, 2009. My heaviest wt was 293...Today I weigh 165! I feel great! I look great (with clothes on)! I have surpassed my surgeon's goal, and am looking foreward to getting everything tucked and put back in place.
I still have challenges...I have a terrible relationship with food. I don't ever experience dumping, so I need to be constantly careful about what I put into my mouth. I still eat what I want, but instead of eating a bag of cookies I can stop after one. I am still experiencing hair loss-wondering when that will stop.
I have started running-and was surprised that I could actually do it!
Life is good :)

Mary T.
on 6/28/10 10:05 am, edited 6/28/10 10:05 am - South Dennis, MA
I had my RNY on September 28, 2009, I have not had too many problems.  A couple of stalls but that happens, I try not to get too discourged.  I have lost 99 lbs so far and have about 42 lbs to get to my goal.
I am happy with my progress and love the fact that I actually want to exercise, this honestly was the best gift I could have ever given myself, I wish I had done it sooner.

Papoose79
on 6/26/10 4:14 am - Horn Lake, MS
Congrats to you! I am still bouncing between 198-201 but I started at 285 as highest weight but 280 when i first met the surgeon and 273 on the day of surgery. My surgeon think 140 would be a good goal for me and my PCP thinks 150 is a good goal so I decided I would try for 135 but as long as I am between 140-150 I will be happy! But I am enjoying the ride regardless.
HW: 284 SW: 273 1st Goal: 200 2nd Goal (PCP): 150 Surgeon's goal 140                          
SwillaZ
on 6/25/10 9:34 pm
Hello fellow losers!    Started off at 280, I'm down to 182!  That 98 pounds!!!  Since my highest weight (290) I'm now down 108 pounds (so I'll use that number!)

It's been an incredible 10 months.  My life has completely changed, except sometimes, I don't quite see myself at 180 pounds; I still see myself at 280.  It's weird.  When I'm trying on new clothes, which is one of my new passions, I just stand there, look and think who is that person and how did she get here.  But, in the end, I can say that I feel healthy, revived, able to do the things that I was so afraid to do before.  My self confidence is back and I'm new again.  Believe me when I say I'm thankful.

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations.  I may not reach them,
   but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they   
   lead."   Louisa May Alcott      
kasshe1437
on 6/23/10 2:40 am, edited 6/23/10 2:42 am - GA
Hello I had my surgery 9/1/09 and I weighted 338 I now weight 225 so as of now I have lost a little over 100 pounds. I could have lost more but I have started to slack off on my exercise which is not good but, I will start back. I would not change this for the life of me. I am so happy now I use to wear a size 32 I now wear a size 18 to 20 not where I want to be but better than where I was. I have a new respect for life and I try now to live it to the fullest. So to anyone who is thinking about doing it all I have to say is GO FOR IT it will be one of the best decisions you will ever make.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone do the 5 day pouch test?
itallica · 1 replies · 941 views
Progress
kearstyn · 12 replies · 1238 views
Calling all September 2009 peeps
Papoose79 · 18 replies · 1793 views