Recent Posts

nicole T.
on 11/14/11 4:34 am
Topic: Had surgery on sept 21
I wanna know how,much everyone has lost thus far and how much are u able to eat, and Wht do u eat.....I just wanna make sure I'm doing everything right....breakfast I ate an egg with cheese, snack about 8 almonds and string cheese, lunch 4 mini bagels crisps(size of ritz crackers) w/ pepperoni and cheese on it, dinner- broiled shrimp (about 8)....pls give me some feed back

iowamommy
on 11/14/11 3:50 am - Creston, IA
Topic: RE: Sleeved in 9.2011 -Band Revision-BIG Smile

Hi there!  Just wondering how you are getting along now being further out from surgery?  I am a former band patient going to sleeve.  Just got all my paperwork, etc. done and waiting for doctor to submit for insurance.  I had great success with my band in 2008, lost about 90 lbs, but then about 11 months later, I got sick for some unknown reason, touch of flu or something, and started vomiting.  My band slipped very badly and had to be removed immediately because it was starting to strangle my stomach.  I tried to keep the weight off, but here I am....with almost all of it back on and frustrated!  I am so looking forward to the sleeve!  I would love to hear how you have gotten along and hope all is going good for you!!

boogwar
on 10/12/11 5:28 pm
Topic: RE: AS SEPTEMBER ENDS...
 I had surgery 9-19 so...

1. Don't regret the surgery for a minute!
2. Very happy and wish I had done it sooner.
3. Best part...being down 42 lbs (including my 3 week pre-op liquid diet)!
4. Worst part...the constant search for protein, feels like I hve to eat constantly to get it in!
5. Follow what the dr.s and nurses tell you!
6. I feel like I am really being terrible if I sleep a full night or take a nap!  That is time out from sip sip sipping and the protein search!

But overall...very happy! Can't wait to do EVERYTHING with my 2 little ones!

HW-366/SW-319/CW-301/GW-180
funkyphillygirl
on 10/11/11 12:52 pm
Topic: RE: Sept surgeries
Thanks for being curious!  I had RNY on 9/12 and feel like I breezed through it all.  Didn' t even need to fill my prescription for pain medicine!  I've started back to work part-time and am on the soft diet now.  Losing slowly (about 20-22 lbs.), but I expected that since I am type 1.5 diabetic and 54 years old.  I've been exercising an hour a day for the past 2 weeks and that feels good.  Having some trouble getting the right doses of insulin - the exercise is really causing me a lot of low. 

Hope everyone is doing well.  Can't believe it's 4 weeks behind me now.  I couldn't wait until it was OVER!  :-)

Stay well everyone!

gibbie
on 10/10/11 11:51 pm - VERO BEACH, FL
Topic: RE: Surgery September 26
 How are everyone of us 9/26 "Birthdays" doing? I am doing great.

Gibbie
ddedmon
on 10/9/11 11:27 am - FL
Topic: September 22
 Had a VGS on Sept 22. So far, no complications. Feeling good. Any other Sept 22 alums out there?

nallen
on 10/9/11 3:32 am - baytown, TX
Topic: Sleeved in 9.2011 -Band Revision-BIG Smile

Hello Everyone!

new to the forum, love reading the posts.  Happily sleeved as of 9/22. Looking forward to the best journey yet!

kellyl1202
on 10/4/11 11:59 pm
Yes I know what you mean-everything tastes chalky to me-I have to push myself to get my liquids in...just can't anything that tastes good.  I miss my diet coke these days!  Crystal lite is too sweet so I mainly stick with water. 
Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11
301 HW / 287.7 SW / 216 CW / 150 GW

lisamm_77
on 10/4/11 10:28 am, edited 10/3/11 10:31 pm - WI
I had RNY on the 21st of September. So 13 days out, but it seems like longer! I'm feeling so much better, as far as the pain is concerned. I feel good, bu****er is so EWWWW to me. I have a really hard time swallowing it. Before, I loved water. Now, it's like I get no pleasure from swallowing it. Does anyone else know what I mean?

I hope things are going good with you!!

Lisa

Frankie
on 10/4/11 12:05 am - NY
Had DS surgery on 9/26 and it went well.  I am 1 week post-op and down 17 lbs and feeling great except for the fatigue.  I am walking, sipping and resting.

Everyone keep up the good work.

Frankie

Most Active
Recent Topics
6 months update
nicole T. · 4 replies · 1110 views
Any other September stallers?
SafetyTurtle · 11 replies · 1530 views
Had surgery on sept 21
nicole T. · 2 replies · 1172 views
September 22
ddedmon · 2 replies · 1137 views