Our 18 month surgiversaries

Jenn F.
on 4/16/08 7:56 am - Lansing, MI
Oh my goodness everyone has done wonderful! I am not quite six month out yet but just last week hit another milestone. I have lost half of my body weight, so I weigh what I have lost. I am 5'6" and started at 384 pounds. I currently weight 192. I'm 12 pounds from my original goal of 180 pounds. My pant size started at a 36W and is now a 13 junior. My shirt size was a 5X and is now a large. Shoe size was a 10 and is now an 8.5. My ring size was an 8 and is now a 5. I'm tickled to death with these results! I now have lots of energy and have just recently started to really up my exercise program. I go to Curves 5 days a week and also walk every day. Today I walked 3 miles in one hour. I do keep an updated profile here on OH if anyone is interested. I'm so happy that I've had my October '06 sisters to support an encourage me through this journey. Jenn
berts4
on 4/21/08 11:30 pm - Rock City, IL
Hi all! My 18 months is at the end of the month (27th) but I thought I would post now since I will be out of town that day. Nothing has changed for me since 10 months out. I still weight 160-162, depending on the day. I have tried everything and am ready to give up with all the hype. I did not have this surgery to be "dieting" and trying every silly fad that comes along. I will continue to eat healthy meals with at least 2 protein shakes per day. I think I like the "6 small meals" idea better than 3 larger ones. I exercise almost daily, cardio and strength. That said, I feel and look much better than I did. I am able and willing to do many more things than before surgery. My husband thinks that I am "hot" and he told me the other day that he is proud of me and notices all my hard work. I feel that I am no longer an embarrasment to my children and grandchildren, and I enjoy the occassional times when someone does not recognize me. I would do it again, even though the results have been somewhat of a disappointment. My biggest fear is that since I am still "obese" in BMI, that I will still have the health issues that go along with being obese in the long run. That, and the fact that with even a 10-15 pound re-gain, I will feel like a real failure. My hope for this surgery was to get quite a bit closer to "normal" BMI, but that does not seem to be in the cards. So, in addition to the heath risks of being obese, I have an added component of malnutrition to contend with. That is going to have to be OK. I will deal with it and get over it. I am really glad to see that so may of you have been more successful. Here's to all the October sisters!
hollywatson
on 4/24/08 3:26 am - Oil City, PA
Hi everyone! I haven't been on here for a while, either, but I do think of you all often!! I am thrilled with my progress! At my 18 month checkup, I was 148 lbs....I just got weighed at Curves and weighed 146! Amazing! I still considered overweight on the BMI chart....still a 25! Would love to lose a few more pounds, but my surgeon says I really don't need to! How neat is that? I wear anywhere from a size 8-10 pants and a Medium top. Don't think I have worn any of those sizes since I was 10 years old! The weather has been beautiful here in NW PA lately, so my hubby and I have been doing lots and lots of walking! Still having some problems with my son's soon to be ex wife....but its too long of story to write about! Take care and keep up the wonderful work!! Hugs, Holly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still check in?
E velyn · 0 replies · 237 views
Five Years Already!!
Judy G. · 2 replies · 1237 views
Happy 5 year Surgiversary!!
hollywatson · 1 replies · 992 views
5 years out and now 168 lbs.
Staci G. · 1 replies · 960 views
Anyone checking in?
Tri_harder · 2 replies · 1111 views