Recent Posts

Kevin E.
on 10/22/07 7:19 am - Smyrna, GA
Topic: RE: Almost 4 yrs post-op...need help
Hello, I am almost 4 yrs as well. About a year ago I gained about 20 pounds, and as you I became afraid. I began to start walking and Jogging more this summer and lost the entire 20 pounds. I went back to eating 6 small meals. I think everyone goes through that stage where you want to eat more. Now I still have not had a soda since surgery. My doctor said carbonation will stretch your pouch. STOP all the bad habits and start over today!! Each day is a new day!!
Robin W.
on 8/27/07 1:33 am - Franklin, OH
I'm right there with you. Old habits are coming back. I've been going to the grad board and getting a lot of suggestions there. I'm trying to to do small changes so that they will stick. CHANGE NUMBER 1 no eating after work. I get home around 10:45-11pm NO MORE SNACKING after work before bed. Good Luck, Robin
aquilegia
on 8/8/07 12:00 pm - montreal, Canada
Hi there Diane.I had my surgery R.N.Y Nov 11 2003. I also crave sweets and do not dump. I only dump if I eat sweets in combo with high fat. I have learned recently ,that Diet drinks like coke and Pepsi with aspertame, make you crave sweets. It seems that a lot of us post ops take to eating candies.It is rather strange because I rarely ate candies when I was morbidly obese.I have also heard that the bubbles in soft drinks make you feel that your tummy is empty when it is not .A little trick that works for me ,is satisfying my cravings for sugar ,with bananas. They also fill me up quickly. Another trick I use, is always having a cooked chicken and hard boiled eggs available in my fridge . When I want to snack, at least I can grab something that is filling and nutritious . I hope some of this helps. Tracey. Start weight 300 lbs .Now I am maintaining at 150 lbs- 155 lbs.
Diane Gracely
on 8/7/07 5:56 am - Ocala, FL
Topic: RE: UT OH, I'M HUNGRY
I'm doing the grazing thing too...... I hate it. What do we do????????? Diane
Diane Gracely
on 8/7/07 5:52 am - Ocala, FL
Topic: Almost 4 yrs post-op...need help
I am almost 4 years post op. I have gained about 20 lbs that I did not want to gain back. I am getting some of my old habits back and don't know what to do????? I drink diet soda and I know we are not supposed too. Is that something that is making me want to eat more? I am also eating sweets and I know I should not be. Please give me some advice on what to do???? I did this surgery and do not even want to go back to my old habits. BUT I seem to be hungary all the time and I crave sweets. PLEASE advise me on what to do? What can I eat instead of sweets when I have those cravings? Can I have diet soda or is that making things worse for me as far as my hungar? Thanks in advance. Diane
gradpsu1
on 8/3/07 10:13 am - Breinigsville, PA
Topic: RE: wiegh****chers after gastric bypass
Yes Cara. WW is fine and you can get your nutritional req. in. It was a help to me.
(deactivated member)
on 5/30/07 4:45 am - TN
Topic: RE: Revision after RNY....
Have you visited the DS board? Ask about revisions to DS there and you will get lost of info.
clacognata
on 2/8/07 10:55 pm - Westmont, IL
Topic: wiegh****chers after gastric bypass
Has anyone tried wiegh****chers after having RNY? Does it work the same...are you able to get in all your proteins and vitamins??? How did it work for you? Thanks, Cara
clacognata
on 2/7/07 9:37 pm - Westmont, IL
Topic: Revision after RNY....
I had gastric bypass 11/03, started at 435lbs. currently 330lbs. I am wondering if any had any info on revisions???? I am still super morbidly obese, and would like to do something about it. Any info you may have will help....Dr's names, hospitals, qualifications to get approved, insurance info?????? Thanks, Cara
KittyKatt
on 12/9/06 4:01 am - San Diego, CA
Topic: Recovering from BL/BA
Yesterday was the "big" day. I had my implants with a lift done! Today I took the bandages off so that I could shower and I loved my new boobs! They are a little swllen but I couldn't ask for more! The nipples point in the same direction they are both the same size and they look the same! I am actually only using pain meds every 6-7 hours when it is presrcibed for every 4 hours. I do get a little nausea when I get up for more than 15-20 minutes. But that will pass. I had the left side filled to 330cc and the left side to 3320cc. I have weighted along time for this and I am so happy that everything turned out so well! I would love to hear from anyone else who has started plactics lately. Jeannie 244/118 11-24-03 BL/BA 12-8-06
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Years
Steve L. · 0 replies · 621 views
Would you do it again?
Jersey917 · 2 replies · 708 views