How is everyone doing on their weight loss?

MaMa_Dee
on 1/24/10 2:59 am - Charlotte, NC
I had some of your same issues. I bought Centrum Chewables. I can tolerate the taste of those better. Also the egg and the pain in my pouch when I eat. I tried eggs again...and can eat them now. I put a little salsa on them to make sure they're moist. And I still get the pain in my pouch when I eat too fast, don't chew really well, or eat something that is too dry. I hope things get better for you. I think it all has to do with us figuring out what works best for us individually. Let your doctor know your concerns and keep us posted.

tell5
on 1/25/10 9:33 am - dingmans ferry, PA
my date was11-20-09  i'm at the point where i still need the nutritional lessons. i have not wanted to go to a support group they are so far from me. so i try to find the help on OH .

sakura28
on 1/26/10 3:26 pm, edited 1/26/10 3:29 pm
I think my surgery was the exact same day.  I'm down 28 pounds from my 243 surgery weight.  Haven't gotten sick or had problems with any foods either.  It's very weird to me because I feel like I did before surgery.  I didn't know I'd be able to eat 3 oz of fish or chicken with a vegetable for a meal.  I was imaging just a few spoonfuls of things.  I can drink tea, water, V8, protein shakes well. All vegetables I've tried have gone down well.  I haven't felt really full though either, like many people say they do--It really is surprising how absolutely different each of our bodies (and minds, I'm sure) are affected.  The last couple of days I've started to feel hungry again, which is a bummer--I was hoping that period would last longer for me.

I've been very good about getting my 100grams of protein a day, and vitamins, but to do so requires a significant amount of  work and planning and tracking.  With only 2 at a time, I have to be thinking about taking them all day so I don't end up with a pile of them at night.  I'm trying to not get overwhemed with the responsibility of it so I don't scare myself.  I'm going to spend a wad at the celebrate site because I've heard they have decent tasting chewables.  i'm still gagging down some liquid multivitimin that are so bad, a whiff of the smell and I can't do it.

I'm going to work on finding some recipies to try as well as some new protein drinks that I can find economically.

my favoite new treat is the tall decalfe soy latte. 9 grams of protein within sweet frothy goodness for $3.95 at Starbucks, expensive but guarateed to make you feel more normal in he world. 

Start weight (7/08): 270
Surgery date (11/18/09): 244
Current: 150

joan2000
on 2/1/10 7:34 am - Wyoming, MI
I am down about 35 lb since surgery, 20 before for a grand total of 55. I am content, that is over 10 lb/month since the journey started, and that is a good weight loss. I haven't had some of the issues, but I have had hunger issues, and discovered I am carb sensitive. If I stay away from all processed carbs like crackers, pasta, bread I stay full, so am just on proteins. Suits my lifestyle at this point, so I am content. Glad you are all doing well, too! 
Toobcherished
on 2/14/10 6:45 am - Henrico, VA
I know this thread was started a while ago, but I think it important to keep it going.

I am now down 60lbs since my surgery on November 9th.  Thats 20lbs a month average and you really can't beat that.  I am hoping to hit 199 by April 9th.  I will admit that I am still working on the protein.  At this point I think I am only getting in maximum of 60grams a day in protein.  But thats much better then I have been doing.  I usually get a shake in for breakfast,( 20 grams)something protein rich for lunch ..(20grams).  and dinner (20grams).  I struggle eating in the morning (hence the shake) and at night I really dont want a full meal.  So I try to snack on meats and cheeses to get the protein in.  I never sat down for dinner.  Not necessarily a good thing but my stomach cant seem to stomach it. But if I grab jerky, or grilled chicken strips, or shrimp a little at a time I can get more in, so thats what I do and it works for me. 

Dont get me started on fluids.  I just cant drink much but I never could. Takes me 2 hours to drink a 16oz bottle of water and thats with effort.  On a good day I get in 60oz but I normally average 45oz..  Hopefully the spring and summer will make me more active, which in turn will make me want to drink more.  Who knows, we will see.

2B

I just started exercising so im sure my weightloss will continue, I am currently wearing size 14W and I am working hard to get out of the womans sizes and move on to misses.  I think I can do that with another 20lbs loss and some toning excercises at the gym, so we will see. 

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

designera
on 2/26/10 4:35 am
Hello all!! I am down 65lbs since surgery on November 30th. I am doing wonderful!No real serious complications. I am basically a vegan now....no milk, no eggs, no meat. So I do eat cheese and beans a lot....oh salad is my new thing and was so happy it does not bother my pouchee!! I have a hard time getting all my water in most days. I do all my vitamins and protein! I love Nectar fuzzy navel and I mix it with 100% orange juice! The juice doesnt bother me but other sugar really does! I dump on fried foods and sugar. Other than that I am feeling amazing. I now run and have went from a size 26 to a tight 16. I have so much energy that I am hardly on here but stop by from time to time! Congrats to everyone's success and keep up the awesome work!!!!

Autumn

Forever greatful for a second chance!     

Teresa S.
on 2/28/10 7:20 am - Simpson, IL
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum.. I just started reading on here today.. I have been on the BMI over 50 forum and I love it there, but I feel like I am not loosing as much as the others are and it gets me depressed.. for some reason I thought to look for a forum with people that had the surgery the same month as I did to see how they were doing.. after reading here I feel so much better.. some are loosing more and some less.. so I feel like I am ok.. I think I will try to continue to use this forum..

I had my surgery on 11/23/09.. I had lost 67 lbs before surgerybasically follow the same diet plan as now.. only I was eating just 800 calories a day and not all protein..I  have lost 31 lbs since surgery.. the good news is that I am just 2 lbs away from loosing 100lbs total.. but I still have a long way to go.. I still have over 80lbs to loose.. at the rate I am going it will take me quite awhile.. but I am determined to get there..

highest weight     Feb 2009     303#    BMI  60.3
surgery weight     Nov 2009     236#    BMI  49.3    lost 67 lbs    no longer super morbidly obese..
current weight      Feb 2010     205#    BMI  42.84  lost 98 lbs

I have also lost 60 inches so far.. 20 1/2 just from the waist..

I am proud of my accomplishments and now I feel like I am doing ok at loosing.. I see others who are as overweight as I was and they are losing so much faster, but they did not loose as much as I did before surgery and follow such a strict diet for that long.. the nut tells me that it why the loss now is so slow.. but my doc keeps telling me he would like to see it come off faster.. you know what ... so would I.. but this is all it is doing.. I follow the eating to a T.. I measure everything that goes in my mouth.. I keep a food diary every day.. I get in all my water everyday.  I do Wii fit everday for an hour and I walk on the treadmill 2x a day for 10 minutes.. sometimes I do Wii twice if my back is not too sore.. I get in about 90-100g protein a day and stay below 1200 calories.. so if anyone can tell me what I need to do to loose faster I would love to know.. I go to my surgeon tomorrow for my 3 months check up and I really dread it.. I hate the comments he makes.... the nut seems to be the only one telling me I am doing good..

well anyway.. I would love to join this forum if you guys will have me.. I will let you know how my visit goes tomorrow but probably wont report until Tuesday as my appt is at 4:30 and it is 4 hours from home..

thanks for listening to me..

huggs..

Teresa S. 

Beginning Weight 303    Surgery weight 236     Amount lost by surgery date  67lbs    
    Starting BMI  63.3             Surgery BMI 49.3          Goal Weight 125 Goal BMI 26.1

In Order To Change...a Caterpillar must have the faith of a Butterfly    
tyana72
on 3/6/10 10:23 am - Australia
hi there everyone,
ive currently lost 40 pounds off my pre-op weight of 323 pounds.exciting hey.i love that i had my surgery (on10/11/09) and i dont regret not one second of it.
i have suffered pretty severe dumping syndrome, in my case i threw everythng up. i twas gross,but its finally slowing down. ive gone from 1 to 2 times a day to1 to 2 times a week. i do also get pain straight after i eat but it goes away within half hour/ 45 min.i usually havea lie down when the pain strikes. i had my bloods done at 3 months post-op and alls going great. my diabetes is gone and so is the high blood pressure and im also off all medication now even my insulin. im so proud of that. i do have low iron so ive started taking a iron supplement. and yes i too am losing hair but lucky for me i had thick hair before this so it isnt noticeable. i have only just started to walk and exercise so im hoping the weight might drop a little quicker but im also happy with my procress so far.
and im looking to make new friends on oh so please add me if you too are looking for new friends who understand what your going through.
good luck everyone and happy losing, your doing great
Take care
tanya

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Petersen's Hernia
meyers8473 · 1 replies · 1855 views
Where is everyone???
designera · 1 replies · 850 views
I year anniversary
allikat1993 · 0 replies · 875 views