Recent Posts

Michelle_W
on 12/13/11 2:13 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 11/10/11
Topic: RE: 11/9/11
 Lynne,  Hello.  I had my lap band surgery on 11/10/11, a day after you.  I hope that your surgery is working well for you.  My loss has been slow since the surgery, but I have not had a fill yet.  Maybe we can keep in touch.  Michelle.
ntine4
on 12/5/11 7:26 am
Topic: RE: November 28, 2011
can you please tell me how you got the weight calculater to move as an app im new and can't figure it out.
Jessica O.
on 12/4/11 9:39 am - Ann Arbor, MI
Topic: RE: 11/23/11 surgery date
 Hello surgery date buddy!  I'm doing ok. I promised myself no regrets in the first month. I'm having a horrible time getting protein and fluids. Just generally stressed out because I've had an aversion to protein shakes since surgery. 
How are you doing?
cindimb
on 12/4/11 7:18 am - Xenia, OH
Topic: RE: 11/23/11 surgery date
 Ah, a surgery date buddy! I too spent Thanksgiving and Black Friday in the hospital, but I have no regrets. How are you doing?
Mrsdean4
on 12/3/11 5:09 pm - VA
Topic: checking in, sleeve on 11/28
hi everyone! 

I'm 6 days out and doing really well.  I don't have to take my oral diabetes medication anymore!   I still have a good bit of swelling to my abdomen, particularly in some pretty unattractive pockets around the largest of my lap incisions.  The tenderness gets better everyday, though.   I'm looking forward to returning to work tomorrow (I'm an RN but I have a desk job now, no lifting at all).

Hope everyone is doing very well, check in and share!

Kacey

Jeanne T.
on 11/28/11 2:00 am
Topic: RE: Surgery 11/30/11
Mine is the same day too!!!  And I also cleaned, cooked, and have been redoing the bedroom and livingroom as that's where I plan to be for a few days.  Cleaned off the treadmil as it's cold here and set a tv up to watch as I walk.  I think I'm pretty well ready.  Can't believe the day after tomorrow we will have our brand new sleeve!!  Lets all try to keep in touch.

Jeanne

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/11 1:41 am - Overland Park, KS
Topic: 11/18/11 Anyone?
 Just wondering how many, if any, others had VSG the same day as me and how you are all doing :) Also wondering what sorts of food you all can eat. I'm still on full liquids, but have been having a 1/4c-1/2c of cottage cheese (small curd) a day to supplement my protein. The protein drinks I had were good pre-op, but now make me gag - all of them. So now I'm on Slim-Fast and so I have to supplement. Going to talk to my surgeon about that tomorrow! 

I hope all of you - if there are any! - are doing well with your new stomachs! I'd like to hear from you!

~Micah
RPrice85
on 11/27/11 3:44 am - MI
Topic: RE: Surgery 11/30/11
Mine is the same day...I am so anxious/excited....have so many emotions running through me it's crazy! The other day I felt like I was nesting...lol I cleaned the crap out of my house! Haha
5'5" 26yrs old HW:288, SW:253, CW:225; Lost 35lbs pre-op, Mo1: 21lbs

lclowe0808
on 11/24/11 8:59 am - WI
Topic: RE: 11/29
Good luck...you are the day before me!  I only have to do a week of the liquid stuff (I'm so glad).  I'm on day 2 and i'm ready for a steak...LOL.  Not much longer for both of us...then the real fun begins!!!   Have a great weekend!
"The path to success begins with a tiny step."          
lclowe0808
on 11/24/11 8:56 am - WI
Topic: Surgery 11/30/11
  Just a few more days and my life will change forever!  I can hardly wait for the next chapter to begin!

Luv,

Linda
"The path to success begins with a tiny step."          
Most Active
Recent Topics
1 year surgiversary
Mandy R. · 1 replies · 874 views
[X-Post]: My One Year Anniversary
rhearob · 0 replies · 1156 views
Unbelievable slow weight loss
Reel · 1 replies · 1098 views
Checking in :)