12/15 How is Everyone Else Doing?

Gracetoheal
on 1/6/11 8:59 am
I don't even know what a 32F is. Sorry!  I feel like I don't feel any restriction/fullness at all.  Confusing.

I find it strange how different people's post op diets are.  I was on liquids for a day or two then went right to purees and after 2 weeks went to stage 4, veggie burgers, chili, tuna, other baked fish.  I can't do fruit or veg for another month.  Why so different?  Must contribute to people losing so much so fast, if they are just on liquids.

I keep telling myself what my husband says, "It's a marathon, not a sprint." 
ginnywinks
on 1/6/11 11:20 pm - Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
32f is the size of the bougie used to make the size of my stomach.  Surgeons usually go from 32f (for french, not sure why but that is what it is called) to 40f or larger.  My stomach is supposed to be small, yet yesterday I ate all day, all day without feeling full at all or any restriction.  Previously I could barely get any food or liquid in, yet yesterday I felt like I ate a ton of food.

I am still so darn tired.  Zero energy.  

Many surgeons keep their patients on full liquids for 3-4 weeks as this ensures no stress on the sutures.  There is a belief that is prevents leaks by allowing the stomach to heal more.  Additionally, it gets the patient used to less in their stomach.  Kind of the same principles of why some surgeons do leak tests after surgery and some do not.  Their experience says X.  

Agree it is not  a sprint, but need to make some mileage and I don't feel like I am at the moment.

Most Active
Recent Topics