Recent Posts

DarwinS
on 9/15/13 8:46 am - NM
Topic: RE: Hello....Is anyone there?

I know, I am in Albuquerque, one week to go, surgery on 9/24 liquid diet isn't fun but tolerable.

We have a few support groups here in ALBQ,  just wanted to post  to get something going in this NM Forum

D

sarah G.
on 8/20/13 12:40 pm
VSG on 10/10/13
Topic: Hello....Is anyone there?

Hello, I can't believe there aren't more people from NM posting!  I am still fairly new to the site.  I'm awaiting final approval for WLS.  I'm hoping that some folks in the Carlsbad area would like to start a WLS support group.  If you are interested please let me know. I'd love to have some "old timers" that are in maintenance that could help guide us along.

Sarah

sarah G.
on 7/22/13 7:52 am
VSG on 10/10/13
Topic: carlsbad
Would any one in carlsbad like to start a support group? Or is there already one I
haven't been able to find info on?

Sarah
sarah G.
on 7/21/13 2:46 pm
VSG on 10/10/13
Topic: Consultation date
I am so anxious for my consultation appointment on Wednesday July 24, 2013. Has anyone on this forum used Dr. Syn in Lubbock ?
Carmelita
on 5/29/13 5:45 am, edited 5/29/13 2:08 pm - Four Corners, NM
Topic: BINGE EATING DISORDER clinical trials ABQ

Howdy NEW MEXICO .. don't know if anyone saw the TV commercials for this clinical trial starting up for binge eating.  

Not sure IF bariatric peeps qualify,  or maybe you know of someone,who hasn't had surgery yet and may wanna pass this info on to them. 

Im all for clinical trials/research..Ive been going to Lovelace Scientific on Ridgecrest commute once every 18 months now. for over 5 years research on effects of long term smoking (20+ yrs pre-VSG) 

.here's the questionaire to see if you/someone ya know qualify   http://us.bingeeatingstudies.com/

And the contact person in ABQ  doing the study its at  Behavioral Health on Encino Pl     http://www.pire.org/centers1.asp?core=37684&cms=95

MinnieMouse1
on 2/26/13 2:52 am
RNY on 12/06/12
Topic: Update

I am not a very good blogger (no booger, lol). So here are the highlights of my progress. I consulted Oct 22 at 285lbs. Surgery 12/6 at 275 lbs. Today my current weight is 225 lbs., so a 50 pound loss from surgery. No pre-op diet, I just wanted to try the high protein foods. About a month ago I when to the er in Lubbock and was admitted for a small intestine obstruction. (worst pain I ever felt). It past on its own but now I take stool softeners 2x times a day. Constipation is terrible!! Not doing that again. Other than that I am great. I can eat about 1 cup of soft foods at a time and only ¼- ½ cup of foods that I have to chew a lot like steak…veggies…etc… I dump but not like everyone else. I feel really sick and tired. Not a good feeling. I can taste things like cake or candy; I only dump when I have slice of cake or 2-3 pieces of candy. Right now I don’t crave sweets, I crave crunchy things like chips. I am learning that I eat out of boredom so weekends are hard especially when the weather is bad. During the week is good. I am very fond of premier protein and nectar protein powder. I am eating everything except rice, pasta and breads. I tend to try on bite of those bad carbs and then eat the rest of healthy items. I eat out a lot during the week but have learned what I am allowed and not allowed. McDonalds will sell you a grilled chicken patty for $2 and I can eat ½ of that for lunch and I am great till my afternoon snack. I eat 6 times a day at about 100-200 calories per sitting. I usually have protein shake for breakfast, am snack cheese. Lunch chicken pm snack yogurt, supper protein shake and pm snack cheese. I have learned that ordering vitamins online are cheaper. For exercise, because I haven’t been released to “Zumba”, I walk about 1.5 miles a day. It takes me a little under 30 minutes a day. I usually walk during my lunch and on weekends with the dogs. My family is supportive so they usually walk with me on the weekends. I also have joined lots of facebook groups that are wonderful. There are so many, I would suggest joining a bunch and then picking your favorite and leaving the rest. I am also on the OH site. You get to see lots of before and after pictures as well as ask questions. Ok see you in another 3 months. ☺ turn rofl

carter.melodyj
on 2/19/13 10:55 am - tucumcari, NM
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Doctor syn seen me and ageed to do the surgery I was approved by medicaid but dr syns office ignored the approval and that was almost 2 yrs ago. I called them last week and Im strill getting the run around. last year I was put on oxygen and a c-pap and my weight is smothering my lungs and heart..Am I going to die??

lillian1975
on 1/2/13 10:00 am
Topic: RE: Albuquerque WLS Support Group Details

Hi, It is now January 2013 and i was wondering if the meetings were still happening on Wednesdays at the chruch?

Thank you

Tammy C.
on 1/2/13 9:22 am
Topic: 2013: 20 Funny New Year's Resolutions

2013:  20 Funny New Year's Resolutions

When it comes to New Year's resolutions, our family members and friends can get quite creative and even funny with what they resolve to do in the New Year.  Here a few good ones I have heard along the way...Oh, and a few of my own!

1.  I resolve to stop procrastinating about procrastinating!

2.  I will stop sending Facebook messages and emails to my loved ones when they are in the same room as I am!

3.  I will use my treadmill for something other than a place to hang my jacket.

4.  I will not sit at the kitchen table in my PJ's all day.  Instead, I will move my computer to my bedroom.

5.  I vow to never take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night!

Click here to read more!

All my best, 

Tammy Colter
Director of Media & PR
Editor-In-Chief
ObesityHelp.com
OH Magazine
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/12 3:41 am
Topic: RE: El Paso Surgeons?

Hi there :o) 

I had experience with Dr. Applebaumn ... awesome guy, but changed to Emergency Surgery. Dr. Clapp was his partner and I ended up having surgery for Gastric Bypass through him.  It was a positive experience and I would reccommend him to anyone seeking weightloss surgery.

Most Active