Got sick for the first time since surgery

Chilipepper
on 1/7/15 9:13 am

Hey Phred!!  What's shakin bakin?

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Tracy D.
on 1/8/15 1:17 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome back, Phred!! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Kelly Jean
on 1/6/15 10:38 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Just go slow and chew chew chew !!! I'm 9 months out and it's happened to me 3 times Ughhhhhhhh I hate that feeling !!! Good luck !! :-)

♡ Kelly

happytoloose
on 1/7/15 2:54 am

Ive seen this about 3 times now.

Not pleasant to put it mildly.

But its perfect feedback, if this didn't happen, I would keep pounding it in, not chewing enough, or eating too fast.

I can attribute each episode to one of the above. Now I stop short, take my time, and chew everything down to nothing.

I'm sure I will goof up and do it again at some point, but live and learn. It's all new to me. never felt full or restriction in my life until now. Its great!

Theres no way I can exceed my calorie goals, so I don't even worry about em yet. I may have to at some point but not yet.

I think for me, mindful eating is the key. I look at nutrition labels and kinda try to get the full portions in, but I rarely if ever do.

No sweet drinks anymore, water is great now so there goes a few more calories.

Its a constant learning curve right now and I am embracing all the feedback and making adjustments accordingly.

Ive seen posts that seem to say we test the limits of our sleeves constantly. I can't buy into that just yet, I know I'm not even getting close to pushing it at this point. But its early! Lol

Rod

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views