We are NOT normal

tina.k
on 2/8/13 12:09 am - Taylorsville, KY
Thank you again Linda! My surgeon also told me about 5-6 small meals a day, but I had completely forgotten! How easy it is to forget-to want to forget and be normal! Back to the basics for me!
Cathrine J.
on 2/17/13 2:32 pm - Victoria, Canada
RNY on 02/01/12

Back to basics for me, too.  I had forgotten about those 5 or 6 small meals and had started eating less protein and more carbs.  I'm just over a year out and I'm here to remind myself about what is necessary so I can start working the program again. 

I'm quite happy to be a surgically altered freak as I'm able to do so many more things now that I could a year and half ago.  I'm more comfortable, fit into regular sized clothing, have lots more energy and I exercise regularly.  Just need to get back on track eating.

Thanks for your post!

HW 262, BMI 46.2 / SW 216, BMI 38.2 / CW 183 / GW 155
*45 lbs were lost pre-op.
5' 3 1/2"

Member Services
on 2/8/13 12:43 am - Irvine, CA

Diabolique
on 2/8/13 1:45 am - Las Vegas, NV
RNY on 09/19/12

Linda,

Thank you for the post.  Everyone is different but I have been trying to get back to "normal" since my surgery and complications.  I thought that losing weight wold have me feeling normal.  Eh...Normal..what is that anyway? Two bites of an old favorite is more satisfying than two plates of it a year ago. I am getting used to my new "normal" and my new body.  Old "normal" obviously wasnt working for me which is why I had surgery and new "normal" still feels weird but I hope to find a happy healthy medium.

neisie207
on 2/9/13 9:13 am - Waterville, ME
RNY on 01/28/13

I love you !! You are sooo right ! We are NOT "normal" ... We all need to remember that !! I am only a week & 5 days out & it seems I've stopped loosing weight and am quite down on myself .. But I WILL remember your words !!!

Linda_S
on 2/9/13 10:12 am - Eugene, OR

You will find that you will hit many stalls along the way.  Just remember that you have a tiny tummy and keep going from there.  Walk, walk, walk, and when you are able to, get into some regular exercise.  Just don't forget you're special!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

neisie207
on 2/9/13 10:22 am - Waterville, ME
RNY on 01/28/13

thank you ... same to you

neisie207
on 2/9/13 9:14 am - Waterville, ME
RNY on 01/28/13
Most Active