I am home.

jmasks
on 5/29/14 10:42 pm - Houston, TX
Revision on 05/27/14

I spent two nights in the hospital.  Thought I would have to stay another night.  My white blood count was high.  My surgery was a revision of a open VBG to a lap RNY.  I truly thought I would not be in so much pain but I was.  Getting up and down burns like fire.  Getting out of the bed is so painful.  But I am not taking any pain meds.  I want to get my life back asap.  I need to be up and moving.  If I take the meds I will just sleep. 

I did have a couple of real surprises.  I knew I would have loose bm. But I did not expect to move and it comes out on its own.  I weigh 220lbs and I am 5'4".  I am large but not super larger.  But because my right side is so sore, I can not reach around to clean myself.  I do not know why my right side is so angry but it is.  So I have to get in the shower to get myself cleaned.  I am worried about getting an infection. 

Getting enough liquid is not as easy as I thought it would be either.  I am sipping but it is not enough.  I am going to push forward and do what I need to do.  So many thing I want for my future life.  I am in this to win this. 

If anyone at anytime tells me that I took the easy way out I might go to jail.  I will say yes after all the weight is gone I would love to have some cosmetic nips and tucks but I am over all this. No more surgery. 

White Dove
on 5/29/14 11:01 pm - Warren, OH

If you are in pain, please consider taking your pain medication and just sleeping. 

I could not reach to clean myself right after surgery and used a peri-bottle every time I had to pee.  Poop coming out on its own is not normal.  Tell your surgeon.  Most likely you need to add some fiber to tighten things up.  Citucel is good for that because it does not cause gas.  Use the powder, the capsules probably won't dissolve. 

I kep****er with me and sipped often and it was hard to get enough in.  I would wake up with my lips dry and cracked. 

Everything will get better.  Take care of yourself.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

diane48
on 5/30/14 12:49 am
RNY on 05/07/13

I agree, take your pain meds.  It is to help you move around better.  You just had major surgery so give yourself a break.  You can call the doctor's office and see if you can get a different BM's also.

I had to get a timer to remind me to drink.  I would try to get in one ounce every 15 minutes at first and was able to increase that fairly quickly.  Think of priorities:  liquids, pain control, movement, protein. 

It will get better.

Most Active