help! I know this sounds ridiculous, but I think something is very wrong!

Kate_324
on 4/12/15 4:11 pm

Yes, please see your surgeon ASAP. Your post op care is very important to your success.

Member Services
on 4/13/15 11:38 am - Irvine, CA

Please stay on the subject and not resort to personal attacks.  

You can utilize the block feature we have provided for our members and not interact and or respond to members. It's easy to get pulled into discussions we other wise would not engage. 

We appreciate your anticipated cooperation as an ObesityHelp member.   

Thank you,

Member Services

blukoolaid75
on 4/13/15 1:21 pm - Albuquerque, NM

I used the block feature 2 days ago when she was personally attacking me! It would have been nice for you to have intervened then!! Not when someone actually sticks up for me for BEING PERSONALLY ATTACKED! That would have been the right thing for you all to address!   Ridiculous! 

Gastric Bypass Surgery October 1st 2014

248lbs day of surgery

Goal 135 lbs 

current weight 128 lbs 

MickeyDee
on 4/13/15 2:03 pm

Hey, Kid;  the mods only intervene when things get to meltdown.  Unfortunately, some folks don't play well with others.  Even the harsh comments can have some good info infiltrated into them, so just take what you need and let the rest of it go by.

Definitely go by a later post recommending an EDG while you're in the hospital.  May as well get it done while you're there!

Stay hydrated!!

ladygodiva1228
on 4/13/15 10:02 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On April 8, 2015 at 8:59 PM Pacific Time, blukoolaid75 wrote:

I can't stop losing weight!  I'm 6 months post gastric bypass, and I've lost 110 lbs, I'm 5'9'' and down to 130lbs... I look disgusting and I still can't eat solid foods.. I'm still in a liquid diet I can't eat solid foods and I feel horrible all the time! 

I have to ask after looking at your numbers.  Would it be safe to assume you had other heath issues that allowed you to be qualified for surgery as your bmi would have been 36.6 day of surgery. 

You were a light weight to begin with and not having access to a surgeon for regular follow-ups is not a smart or safe thing to do.  This could have been all taken care of months ago with the right aftercare.  If your original surgeon is to far away then you need to contact your insurance and find one who is near by.  If you continue to let this go bad things can and will happen.

blukoolaid75
on 4/13/15 11:58 pm - Albuquerque, NM

Yes, quite a few other health reasons why I Needed and approved for the surgery

Gastric Bypass Surgery October 1st 2014

248lbs day of surgery

Goal 135 lbs 

current weight 128 lbs 

Most Active