any IWFL women out there??

amymichelizza
on 8/27/05 1:30 am - Manchester, NH
I play for the Manchester Freedom and just wondering if there are any fellow gridiron girls out there to give me some tips on playing after surgery??? thanks #72
Nomorehunger
on 9/26/05 4:46 am - Forked River, NJ
I think it is awesome that you play football. I have dreamed of playing football for years. I am 29 years old and i just had the surgery six months ago. I was going to go try out for the Sharks or Philly but I don't think I have a chance. I don't feel very athletic lately. I am super super jealous of you. Congrat's on everything. -Jules
amymichelizza
on 9/26/05 5:13 am - Manchester, NH
You should tryout!!!!!! Most teams do not have cuts and allow anyone to play (most not all!!) The IWFL is dedicated to giving ALL Women a chance to play. I am a BIG girl and weighed 260 at my biggest! and I played! You CAN do it. thanks and congrats on your surgery success!
deeno
on 9/26/05 7:26 am - Kokomo, IN
I agree---try out. It is the most fantastic experience to be a part of a professional sports organizaion. We have some phenomenal athletes on our team. We have some ladies who have never picked up a football before (including myself--last year I knew nothing about football other than I got to hit people and that sounded cool). Don't be intimideated. Try-out. I think women's football is on the brink of becoming very, very big. What an opportunity for you getting started NOW. I am just shy of thirty-four, married, about to start a family, so my playing days are about over. I wish I had 5 or more years to keep playing. It's awesome. Believe me, I am sure that you have more than "a chance". Our teams can hold a roster of 60 women. Most teams fill 25-40 of those slots, so there's always room for more. Diana
deeno
on 9/26/05 7:19 am - Kokomo, IN
Hey lady! I play in the WNFL for the Indiana Speed! I had my surgery last year 7/2004 and our first game was 7/31. I missed the first game, but played in the next without any problems. I have had no complications at all haveing had LAP RNY. The number one thing I try to be aware of is my water intake. It is difficult during the games, as I can't drink and run out on the field and then hit someone. I could barf! So, I sip on the sidelines when I can. I try to avoid water during time outs when I'm on the field or during the 2 minute warning--just not enough time to let the water settle for me. Everyone on the team knows about my surgery, and I'm not shy about answering questions. I wish that I didn't tell anyone though until after the season was over--there were a few games that I didn't play as the coaches were concerned about me, even though I had med clearance from my surgeon from one of the best Bariatric clinics in the country. But, I think they would have noticed my shrinking buns and figured it out. *wink* The hardest thing for me to do is not suggest WLS to the opposing teams defensive line (I play OL)! check out my team at indianaspeed.org we are hoping to make it to the playoffs and beyond this year. We're having a great season. Diana #77
deeno
on 9/26/05 7:21 am - Kokomo, IN
sorry ---type-o "WPFL" not WNFL....stupid fingers...
trivimp
on 9/20/07 9:18 pm - Warrensburg, MO
Hey, good to see some gridiron ladies here! I played for 3 years for the California Quake, back in the old league-hopping days -- I played in the WAFL, WAFC, and IWFL... lol...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Ducks go marching on
AJ_Alaska · 0 replies · 335 views
hELP NEED INFO
prexygilbert · 0 replies · 340 views
TRAINING CAMP ALREADY
Chubby McFatty · 0 replies · 316 views
Greedy Drew Brees
Truckerbob · 0 replies · 812 views