Bander in Roppongi

Marsha S.
on 6/13/07 12:05 am - Onalaska, WI
Hi, I'm in Japan for the summer and need some support. I had my surgery almost a year ago and have only lost 20 lbs. I just would like some people to connect with while I'm here. More of my story is on my profile.
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 6/24/07 6:48 am - Japan
Hi Marsha, It doesn't matter if you have the band or RNY, exercise is key. If you get your regular fills (which I know can be a pain if you live far away from the only Dr.), do about an hour a day of vigorous exercise and limit your flour products, sweets and alcohol, you should lose weight. Right now, looks like you've got to pretend that you never got the band and just diet and exercise as you would have before. That's what I did when I first got my RNY. Right now I'm about 15 months out and average about 1.5 to 2 hours per day of anaerobic exercise. Weights and HIIT. I can eat 4-5000 calories a day and never gain body fat. My weight is creeping up very slowly, but I'm sure that is muscle mass. I'm almost certain there are other English-speaking banders here in Japan. The RNY is somewhat different, because it actually curbs some of the hunger and because of the bypass, if RNYers exercise regularly, even with slips, they are unlikely to absorb enough calories to gain weight. So it will be good if you can find the banders here who "have a few tricks" to losing weight up their sleeves for support. I generally post on the Men's board in support of the handful of us exercise maniacs who are doing stuff that is pretty close to pro level. With that in mind, the single most beneficial exercise would be running sprints or doing them on a stationary bike (much less likely to cause pulled muscles). Best Wishes, Dave
tamanjong P.
on 12/13/07 7:21 am - tokyo, Japan
pls might be having lap band surgery with dr kasama,but i want to know how many lapband surgery he has perform,and how many problems he got ,and how long has he been specialize in these kind of surgery,am so nervouse,i was to go and get my surgery in mexico,but i saw his mane in yu page and decided to give a try,is he realy good,pls help me,am so nervouse that i cant even talk.thanks
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 12/13/07 8:58 am - Japan
Hello, I don't know how many, but compared to the other surgeries he performs, the lapband surgery should be pretty easy. He's also very cautious. Most of it won't depend on the quality of the surgeon, but on your current condition. That seems to be a bigger determinant of whether or not there are complications. Then, there's the weight loss afterwards. It will really depend on whether or not you can cut out sweets and liquid calories and keep up an exercise program. Skip any one of those and your weight could return after the first month.... So get ready to do your part. The surgeon is as good as they get. Also, you'll have to keep returning for fills with the band every few months. Can't skip that part! Good Luck, Dave
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing Ticker
Ashley B. · 0 replies · 339 views
test
Amy W. · 1 replies · 301 views
test
pam S. · 0 replies · 284 views
Bander in Roppongi
Marsha S. · 3 replies · 460 views