The pre and post op diet!

MyLastDitchEffort
on 4/19/15 9:11 am

thats [erfect exactly what I needed ty soooo much!

MyLastDitchEffort
on 4/19/15 4:59 pm

can you tell me how much the allmax costs?

Ray Ross
on 4/20/15 12:53 am

In Canada it costs about $1 per serving but I believe it is quite a *****eaper in the US. 

I'm starting my pre op diet today and am having a vanilla shake - it's actually quite thin though when mixed according to the directions I was given.  I think I am going to try some other flavours for variety as well but it's definitely tolerable.

MyLastDitchEffort
on 4/20/15 1:10 am

Im canadian. The GNC sells a 2lb container for 44.94 but if its a dollar a serving at 4 servings a day youre telling me this 2 lb container is gonna be gone in less than 2 weeks? thats kind of insane :(
I was just on my way out the door to buy it actually but that seems kinda crazy idunno now i cant afford 200 a month on powder.. then again if im not eating other foods maybe it evens out

MyLastDitchEffort
on 4/20/15 1:11 am

so much is cheaper in usa, really bugs me to be honest

Ray Ross
on 4/20/15 1:41 am

Ha Ha!  Yep!  There is a reason we cross border shop!  :-)

I bought a 6 lb container at Popeye's.  Not sure if they have those stores where you are located but that size is on sale for $99.99 until April 25th.

The instructions on the container say to use one scoop with a cup of milk or water.  The container itself indicates that it is 91 servings. 

But mixing as I was instructed to - 20 g of powder with 1.25 cups of milk, you will get 136 servings out of the container.  So that works out to about $0.73 a serving or just under $3 a day.  And the container would last you just over a month.  You'll also go through about 11 4 litre jugs of milk so that's about another $1.50 a day.  So you are eating for about $4.50 a day...a little more if you add the broth or sugar free jello or crystal lite, etc.  But overall you will be "fed" (maybe not full!) for less than one fast food meal a day.

MyLastDitchEffort
on 4/20/15 4:18 am

well I thank you for your info its appreciated.  I ended up getting a casein protein powder instead and some vegegreens. Buddy of mine whos a weight lifter and boxer etc was telling me the whey powders are best for immediate muscle repair and he couldnt figure out why your doctor would have suggested it for weight loss surgery pre and post op. But either way it doesnt matter for me since im not actually getting the surgery lol so If i made a mistake so be it.

I got the sugar free jello, and I also got tuna salmon and chicken breasts, because Im doing a modified version of weight loss surgery diet+ PSMF which is Protein Sparing Modified Fast (same concept as the weight loss surgery diet, low cal high protein, quick weight loss, basically) since my stomach isnt undergoing surgery I can replace one or two of the shake meals with an actual solid meal of food :)

I haven't decided how many calories to aim for yet but I'm thinking somewhere between 400-700 cals a day

hey best of luck with your surgery by the way!

Ray Ross
on 4/20/15 5:09 am

Thanks!  We are ~900 calories a day.  I'm not sure why they recommend the Isoflex but I know it is one of the few that is extremely low carb - and it tastes okay so that probably helps with compliance.  I know that they "preach the protein" to reduce muscle and hair loss.  And of course we take multi-vitamins for life for the vitamins and minerals...

Good luck to you too!  : )

MyLastDitchEffort
on 4/20/15 5:16 am

ah I noticed the low carb thing and now im kinda worried what I got has too many (4 grams per serving) actually nvm thats pretty darn low too yay.
yah if I stick to 400-700 Ill be spending less money than you too, which is good for me cause Im a broke student :)

lemme know how you do over the next little while!

Most Active