Minor setback warning graphic

cherg24
on 4/28/15 6:50 am, edited 4/28/15 6:51 am - Ontario, Canada

Well the catscan didn't show anything ominous except for the brick of poop in my back end.  So I was able to have my first ever enema a couple hours ago. It was disgustingly glorious. It took off some of the pressure but they figure I'll need a couple more tonight to get thru the tunnel . Hope everyone reading this makes sure To get their fibre and stool softener and  whatever religiously!!! Gonna be a fu. Night!!! I might get to go home sgain tomorrow as per the doctor so keep your fingers crossed !   Thanks

judyeliz
on 4/28/15 8:09 am
RNY on 04/24/15

Well you should be back on track in no time.  
As the old  nurse I am, the order probably reads "soap suds enema till clear".

As the older nurse in me says " high, hot, and helluva lot"  

No Worries!  You will be fixed up in no time, with a new plan to never let it happen again!

Have a pleasant potty evening!!  Keep smilin!

judy

Orientation HRRH Aug 18/14, Ist surgeon appt. Dr. Huynh Oct 28/14, Nurse/Dietitian/SW Dec 19/14, Dr. Glazer Mar 9/15, 2nd surgeon visit Dr. Huynh Mar 10/15, Surgery date April 24. 

annieliv
on 4/28/15 8:33 am, edited 4/28/15 8:34 am - Toronto, Canada

I am a week out today. I was getting nervous that by Friday I still hadn't moved even though I'd been taking the Senna & Colace. Luckily, with all the fluids I could ingest and a lot of walking, I was relieved Saturday. I've never had children so I can confidently say it was the most painful experience of my life thus far. 

Cannot stress to everyone how important it is to stay on top of this. 

The discharge nurse advised before I left the hospital that if there was no BM within 5 days to take Milk of Mag - 1 dose. Still no BM glycerin suppository. Still no BM, back to TWH. 

I hope you feel better and can start healing :)

Take care of you!

HW: 345 SW: 315 GW: 180 RNY 21/Apr/15

cherg24
on 4/28/15 3:18 pm - Ontario, Canada

I took everything I was supposed to as per dr. I've walked miles and miles.   I've gotten fluids in ( well protien shakes and water.   You run out of time and I was literally every fifteen minutes continuous unless sleeping).  I've had three children.  They were far far easier to give birth too (naturally no drugs) then dealing with this.   I mean I'm grateful that it's not a more serious problem and I'm not out of the woods yet with the problem but this is possibly the hardest thing ever physically.  Not any surgery I've had in the past or anything.   Incidentally my stomach feels fine.  Incisions are healing nicely. Not nauseous and was doing ok first few days.  I look like someone's pincushion. And  I get stuck on poop.  Leave it to me lol

Monica9811
on 4/28/15 9:10 am - Peterborough, Canada

I'm sorry to hear you have had these issues. The constipation after surgery was the WORSE thing ever. I now make sure I have Senokot S on hand in case I get constipated. It was the only thing that worked but it still hurt like a ******* I find I need only one pill now every 3 or 4 weeks. Back then I think I took 3 pills twice to get things moving. Good luck. 

Most Active
Recent Topics