What's on your Thursday Menu?

Greateight
on 5/9/24 9:07 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Thank you, Sheila!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 5/9/24 9:49 am - Warren, OH

Love the picture. I found frozen mango in my freezer and going to make one tonight. Enjoy your weekend.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mkess
on 5/9/24 6:03 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Thirst-day,

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood as Monsieur Rodgers liked to say.

I saw an adult coloring book page yesterday with the quote, 'Failure is an awesome teacher.' I seriously wonder if I fail more, would I succeed more? My therapist pointed out that this is not a good way of thinking. My rationale is that a lot of success stories give credit to perseverance through failure and learning from mistakes.

Yesterday, Live Nations $25 concert tickets crashed the site for over an hour. I ended up with 2 dozen tickets but was looking to purchase 75 pair. Regardless, it should be easy, passive income on the resale market. Gone are the days when I could, at least, double my money on tickets without any effort due to a loyal client base.

Today's OH quirk: Missing 'like' button below each post.

QOTD: QJB - I will join you in the steps challenge. This QOTD made me look up step totals for the last couple weeks. Oomph! I'm averaging 5,000 steps/day. My goal was 6,000 steps in February. What I don't understand is that I walked a half mile with a friend yesterday but still finished with 6,200 steps. I can't believe I'm sedentary so much that I can't walk the walk. I'm going to start with the 6,000 step goal and go from there. It's raining cats and dogs right now so I will need to be creative to get my steps in. I'm not supposed to do the treadmill for hip, knee, neck, back related reasons. I'm thinking walking a big box store may fit the bill for today.

B: Two Good coconut yogurt, tangerine.

L: ?? I'll need to eat on the go during a 20 minute window while driving. A Primanti Bros sandwich would be perfect; pawing it with one hand with the other hand grasping a Monster energy drink. Chrissy - Can you send a Primanti's sangwitch here by noon? Who else normally uses one hand to devour big sandwiches with one hand? I feel like it's a blue collar Chicago thing where you see hugungous Streets and Sans workers' giant, beefy hands dwarfing the sandwiches as they consume without chewing.

D: Pork roast - maybe in a taco.

Accountability- Night time grazing. 1/2 blueberry bagel with berry whipped cream cheese. Outshine bar. 2 servings of chips.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Teenie
on 5/9/24 7:04 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Primanti Bros sandwich invented by a truck driver in a hurry. Stuck all the sides on the sandwich and rolled. I am only a fan when I had a bunch of ****tails. It was a go to when I was in my younger clubbing days. DH goes but I have not had one in years. Roast beef egg and cheese is my favorite.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Mkess
on 5/10/24 7:32 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

It's a cool origin story. I heard that story when I was at the hotel asking for concierge recommendations

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

White Dove
on 5/9/24 9:54 am - Warren, OH

What that means to me is that when you want to do something or explore an idea, you take some action on it. It is OK to fail and better to fail than never try.

Teenie
on 5/9/24 6:46 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Meneurs,

I see were all about the fitness today. I'm out of the challenge because I am not a tracker. I already got 2 txt from the gym owner asking me to go to pound tonight. I think they do some wild number of squats during pound. I am thinking over 200 in 45 minutes but don't quote me.

So, I weighed all the food I am taking to CR with me, and it weighs a little under 20lbs. I guess I will have to be naked for most of the trip because I only will have room for 20 more pounds. Just kidding I don't want to scare anyone. I think we get 1 extra free bag so I got to talk to my Vacation partner and see if it will be available.

QOTD: I do not know my steps I do not track anything not even food. Phone says I average 3178 in the last 7 days but I very rarely take my phone when I walk the dog so that is very inaccurate.

Accountability: Moose Farts and sesame covered cashews.

TSS: 6 years 4-months 28-days 162.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate Chocolate Caramel creamer

MS: Oikos Triple Zero salted caramel Greek Yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: chicken bake with corn stuffing cheese and gravy, and snack select

D: more rice and chicken salad

Exercise: dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 5/9/24 7:37 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Don't take those bumper stickers lightly. When I had just turned 20, during a trip to USA I bought a ton of bumper stickers because we didn't have them in Italy. The back of my little red Panda car was filled with bumper stickers. One night on a deserted road I fell asleep behind the wheel and flipped my car. The car caught fire, a car passing by stopped only because they saw the reflection of the bumper stickers and realized it's my car. He was one of my friends' brother. He pulled me out of the car, took me to the hospital, and then went home, woke up his sister and told her Sheila is at the hospital, call her parents. So bumper stickers have a very special place in my heart. I was in a cast from my neck to my toe for 3 months, I had dislocated my femur.

QOTD: on my wog days I easily do 14-15K, but on the other days my average is about 6-8K.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Buffalo chicken w/legendary chips
  • Barebells bar, cherries
  • Fluffy yogurt w/protein powder
  • E: strength training

Happy jr Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 5/9/24 9:58 am - Warren, OH

Oh Shelia, that was a terrible experience. I am glad he spotted you and got help.

Queen JB
on 5/9/24 4:11 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yikes! That is quite a story. I am so glad he found you!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
Recent Topics