My One Year Anniversary (Very long, go to the bathroom and get a snack before reading)

lotusgyrl
on 11/1/12 4:07 pm - Canada
Your story made me cry, you are truly amazing! Such courage and dedication. Thank you for sharing your journey. And so handsome too!
ThinLizzy
on 11/1/12 4:24 pm

Rob, your post makes me happy. YOU make me happy--your posts always resonate with your caring and warm nature and you contribute SO much to this forum. Thank you!

Lizanne

P.S. Seriously, you look MAHVELOUS!!!!

Lee ~
on 11/1/12 5:00 pm - CA
What a great story Rob. I'm so glad those health issues are all behind you today. Thanks for being an awesome inspiration!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Crabadams72
on 11/1/12 8:34 pm - Silver Spring, MD
You look like a whole new person! With your dedication I know you'll have no problem keeping the weight off.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Pobearsam7
on 11/1/12 9:44 pm

Amazing... Can not believe it has been a yr for u... It will be 6months for me next month. You look great... You have come a long way.

Kelly                

full-of-hopen
on 11/1/12 10:03 pm

You are amazing, brilliant, courageous, determined, energetic, fabulous, generous, handsome, inpiring....the list goes on and on; congratulations on the AWESOME changes which you have made in your life....thank you for sharing your journey and wisdom...you are a ROCK STAR!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/12 10:58 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

Wow! Thank you for sharing your journey and paying it forward. You are a joy to read about and I'm so happy for you and your new life. What a wonderful man you are!!!angry

favrow812
on 11/1/12 11:10 pm - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12

amazing post as always ((hugs))

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

SleevedLife
on 11/1/12 11:15 pm

Happy anniversary!  You look FANTASTIC.  Like... really???  Is that she same guy in the before and afters??!?

The gossipy nurses suck... I can't imagine having to hear that while you are nervously awaiting your surgery.   It constantly blows my mind the insensitivity and complete lack of empathy I see in some people that choose a career in healthcare... but that's a rant for another day.

Congratulations on your AMAZING year.  It really has been a re-birth!

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

TSinNC
on 11/2/12 1:00 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Happy surgiversary, Rob. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with all of us.

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views