What new PASSIONS have you found after your surgery???

Doriam R.
on 8/14/17 2:57 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Wow, how fantastic!!

congratulations!!!!

Cathy H.
on 8/14/17 1:55 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

I feel like mine is a combination of several I've seen here already:

1) Rediscovering and re-experiencing things I couldn't physically do since I was a teenager/twentysomething, like riding a bike, shopping without getting winded, enjoying the summer without getting overheated, going to an amusement park and FITTING in the rides, things like that.

2) Being the social person I once was, but stopped being. I turned into a self-loathing hermit, and I'm so not that person anymore! I love going out with my friends and family, and being around people (that I like) again.

3) Being more adventurous. I am bound and determined now to do some of the things on my bucket list. I've already accomplished one...zip lining! I also want to parachute (the buddy kind with an instructor). Planning that for my 60th birthday celebration in 2.5 years! So many others, I'm just beginning.

4) I have a new passion for clothes. I always enjoyed fashion, just couldn't wear any of it. Now that I'm in regular sizes (16, yay!), I am rediscovering who I am when it comes to fashion, and it's a great journey!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Doriam R.
on 8/14/17 2:20 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

That sounds so great Cathy!!!...I don't have a bucket list ... maybe I should create one!! Well, I want to go on vacation, during the past few years I have send my husband with my kids... I said that it was to save money, but I think is because I feel ashamed of how I look and I feel that I am not deserving... just thinking about pictures gives me horrible thoughts, so the one thing I want to work on is on going on vacation... is going to have to be cheap... because paying for my daughter's college is not a picnic .... thank you for sharing an inspiring me!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 359 views