Well... It has been 10 years now...

cuttershine
on 1/19/12 2:06 pm - Duncan, Canada
It has now been 10 year on January 14th since I had my Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery.
My starting weight was over 386 lbs. and my lowest since surgery was 192 lbs. I managed to maintain all the weight loss for almost 7 years. Over the last year I have gained 54 lbs. I am going to have to get off my butt, and get back on track and get those 54 lbs back off.  I don't want to ruin all my hard work, and go back to the way I was.
The good thing is, I know that if I increase my exercise and watch what I eat... I will be able to get those few pounds off and get back to where I was.
So, here are some words of encouragement for all of you out there that are either about to get the surgery, or have just had it. You can do it! And you can keep it off. Even with the 54 lbs I gained, I am still a winner. I still have managed to keep off over 132 lbs. 
monymony
on 2/23/12 4:40 am

That is so awesome! There hasn't been too much going on with this board. I am 10 years out with my band. I struggle but have been able to keep most of my weight off. Keep up the good work.  Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years postoperative
POOBEAR · 0 replies · 336 views
5 yrs out- How r u doing?
Paula Prichard · 1 replies · 548 views
Hi There!
monymony · 1 replies · 539 views