wheres my supportive friends...... Follow up to ribs urgency

stacy L.
on 12/17/06 3:47 pm - atascadero, CA
I went to doctors and he told me I had broken a rib, just by leaning over the tub to give the dog a bath. Can you imagine? I didnt know that was possible. I take my supplements all the time, well maybe miss here and there, but for the most part, all the time. I am in pain. Can anyone shed some light on why this could happen? Thanks Huggsss to my friends
Tracy B
on 12/18/06 3:46 am - Erie, PA
Hi Stacy! Well, I just saw both of your posts today~I was gonna say broken rib and I guess I was right, LOL! Wow, weird things happen. I have no clue why/how that could happen so easily???? I would definitely mention it to your surgeon at your next visit and see what his/her perspective is. I'd like to hear what they think about it. Hugs, Tracy B 328/150 5'9"
Vickie J
on 1/3/07 1:20 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Stacy, If you haven't had one lately, run, don't walk, & have a full bone density scan. It sounds like you might be losing calcium, causing weak bones which may or may not have anything to do with your WLS. I know we're more prone to calcium loss b/c we don't absorb it very well. If you're not taking calcium supplemtents you might want to talk to your surgeon about adding them to your routine. I've taken calcium for years b/c osteoporosis runs in my family but since my WLS I've doubled/tripled my dailly dose. Also, be sure if you take calcium that you're taking calcium citrate, NOT calcium carbonate (we don't absorb this kind hardly at all). I've had broken ribs and they No Fun! Hope you're feeling better soon! Vickie J.
Most Active
Recent Topics