I am so ashamed

stacy L.
on 1/11/07 10:04 am - atascadero, CA
I went to my surgeon today and he told me that I have gained 11 lb since last march and if I dont lose it plus more, that he is going to have to go back in and operate again. Does anyone know why he would do that? I have been put on a low glycemic diet. No more kisses (candy). Advice would help, Im blue. Huuggs to all
Vanessa @Nebraska
on 1/11/07 2:30 pm - NE
Hola! I don't know how good is your DR, but in the human department he need to work with his skills dear. I think that what he was try to said was that you need to get back to basic and get on the right track ( but he may don't know how to said in a nice way lol) You will be fine. Use your tool, focus on what is important and you will be fine. Take care hugs from Gemany Vanessa
cindy andreatos
on 1/11/07 9:15 pm
Son't be ashamed. So many of us have experienced the same thing. I must confess, even with eating a piece of Butterfingers every day I still loose my weight. Perhaps you should have another surgery. He may not have made your pouch small enough. Don't sweat the small stuff. I'd do it again to be sure I'd have my weight loss. Warmest regards, Cindy
Tracy B
on 1/11/07 9:50 pm - Erie, PA
Don't get down on yourself Stacy. I'm not sure what he meant by having to do another surgery???? Did you hit your goal? If not, how much more did you have to lose? Just wondering b/c an 11lb weight gain in a year is not that traumatic~its manageable in my eyes! Giving up a the candy is a great start. Getting back to basics will help. Exercise will help. Getting down on yourself will only make the struggle harder. You hang in there and remember we're here for support anytime!!!!!!! Also, you might want to join in over at the Grad's board~there's alot of people that struggle from time to time(myself included) and there's alot of advice and wisdom over there. Good Luck! Tracy B
stacy L.
on 1/13/07 2:40 am - atascadero, CA
Tracy, hugsss, thank you , how do I get to the grad board. Thanks, huggs stacy
Tracy B
on 1/14/07 4:40 am - Erie, PA
Hey Stacy, just head over to~~~~ http://obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_grads/ Hope to see you there!!!!!!! Tracy B
debdoc
on 1/11/07 10:30 pm - fort wayne, IN
greetings stacy well, how have you done overall? and which surgery did you have initially? don't be ashamed...just try to get back on your program and give it another shot! best of luck to you. deb
Margo J
on 1/12/07 3:24 am - Fairfield, CA
Geez, who is your Dr., and What surgery would he do? 11 lbs is not alot, and it is good that you recognized it now before it is out of control. Get back to basics and work the tool. You will be okay! Don't beat yourself up. That thinking is what go most of us fat in the first place. I complained to my surgeon that I am still struggling to get to goal, and he told me that sometimes the body just gets comfortable at a certain weight and that is where you end up. In my case, I am 194 from 334. I would still like to lose another 30 lbs, and I still work at it every day. But my surgeon is pleased with my results. So just because you didn't make your "goal" doesn't mean you are not a success. Good luck! Margo
stacy L.
on 1/13/07 2:38 am - atascadero, CA
Im am so thankful for your support. I am 46 lbs from my goal weight and that includes the 11 lbs. So as you probably have guessed, I have asked many people who have said that my gain filled out my face which looked sucked in as they say. So thank you for your help, and support. I threw out the candy, had strawberrys last night and put sweet and low on them which may be the cause for the sweet and low hang over, badddd headache. I go****er, will excercise, and no more candy!!!! Threw it all out. and watching the sugar, if any, a little bit. So huggs to all, Stacy
white2003toyota
on 1/13/07 5:37 pm - Kaneohe, HI
Hi Stacy!! I am appalled at what your doctor told you about having to have surgery again!! Don't get down on yourself.... I battle with this problem daily myself. I had lap rny on January 10, 2005 which makes me two years post op. Believe me I battle with this daily. It never really leaves my mind. Everyday, I have to think about what I put into my mouth. I still would like to lose another 20 pounds, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. My doctor is satisfied with my weight loss. But I don't think I ever will be. Don't get me wrong, I would never want to weigh 263 pounds again. I'm only 5 feet tall, but even weighing at my current 130 pounds, I still feel fat! I have also been on the Grads Board recently and it really helps to read what other people are going through who have had surgery at the same time that we did. Just remember, that we are still healthier where we are now, than prior to the WLS. Think positive and I know you will get through this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs and aloha, Pat
Most Active
Recent Topics