Help!!! Is it too late?

Delila H.
on 4/21/07 1:58 pm - Fairfield, NJ
Okay, I recently gained between 8-12 pounds depending on the day and depending on what my lowest weight was. I never got down to my goal wait. I had surgery in January 2005 and was pregnant in May of 2005...Crazy!!! I was down throughout my pregnancy...thinner much thinner than now. I was about 245 and by my pregnancy was down to 175 (only gained 22 pounds during pregnancy) After may baby was born I went as low as 170 but maintained 174 for the longest time. My surgeon was thrilled although I had always planned to get to between 150-160. I am now 182-188 up and down.( baby was a year in february)...I know I am not doing anything I am supposed...and will get back on track because I know that is what I have to do. My biggest concern is that I have totally screwed up the surgery and totally stretched out my stomach. I fell off the wagon for a few months or a little more and can be considered the poster child for what not to do...eat junk, drink soda (diet soda of course), not eat regular meals etc... is it too late? Or will I start to bounce back when I get on the program? I appreciate any input...
5thwheeler
on 7/24/07 4:42 am - Torrance, CA
Its only to late when your dead! Take it one day at a time, and get yourself into counseling ASAP. Sorry to be so blunt, but as I said, "Its only to late when your dead!" and that should not be an acceptable alternative.
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/07 5:19 am - Makawao-Maui, HI
Aloha Delia, I feel your pain and this far our I am sure most of us can relate. I too have my bad binging days. I seem to do good for two/three or four days and then binge for a couple of days. I am in my good phase now. I binged the day before yesterday (badly) and did great yesterday. We all fall off the wagon but most importantly is that we pick ourselves up again and that is what you are doing now. I expressed my concern to my doctor about stretching out my tummy and he said most likely it is not stretched out to normal. The normal tummy is 32 oz. and I can eat about 8/10 ounces depending how dense the food is. I too can gain five pounds in a day. I think a lot of that is water weight. What has helped me is making myself weigh everyday. When I don't the scale creeps up. I especially make myself weigh after a night of binging to remind myself what can happen. One scarey fact, is that 25% of everyone who has the surgery gains ALL their weight back and than some. So it is just a tool but you are hear and catching it early and you can still get back on track. Just being on the boards is a huge step. You can do it and know we are all going through the same struggles. I went back to basics. I am doing all protein shakes yesterday and so far today. And since doing this I dropped the five pounds I gained binging. I will see how long I can last. Maybe a few more days until my clothes start feeling looser. Take care and hang in there kiddo. hugz
Most Active
Recent Topics