HELLO, HELLO, ANYONE HOME?

Weston and Gage's
Gr M

on 7/8/07 5:52 am - O'Neill, NE
Just checking to see if any Januarians still exist! LOL Rhonda
debdoc
on 7/9/07 3:17 am - fort wayne, IN
i still exist...and stop by here every now and then. how are you doing?
Weston and Gage's
Gr M

on 7/9/07 4:36 am - O'Neill, NE
So glad to hear from another January person! I am doing wonderful. Have actually maintained for quite some time now. Of course am up or down 5 pounds any given day, so I call that maintaining. Could be alot worse! I feel super. How are you doing? I see your surgery date was a week after mine. I have lost around 150 lbs. Would still like to lose 10 lbs, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards. I am nor opting for plastics either. Insurance won't pay and I guess I am 45 years old, would feel different if I was 20. LOL I am just glad for small things, like being able to breathe and tie my shoes or cross my legs. Well tell me how you are doing, would love to hear. Rhonda
debdoc
on 7/9/07 5:06 am - fort wayne, IN
i'm doing wonderfully, too! i'm down from 463 to 185! it's amazing. i'd like to lose a few more lbs...i'm 5'10", so i still haven't quite achieved a normal bmi. and having lost 278 lbs, i have yards and yards of skin hanging on me, but no way to pay for it's removal. but even with that, i'm happier than i've been in forever. i'm 50 years old, and spent my entire life overweight. just this past week, i bought a bicycle and went for a couple rides over the weekend. it was fun, too! i'm wearing size 12's...and just enjoying life! great hearing from another jan'05-er! deb
PegW
on 7/9/07 5:25 am - TROY, NY
Hello from another Januarian. I also have been able to maintain give or take the 5 lbs. I have lost a total of 190 lbs since I started and 170 since surgery. It is wonderful to be able to tie my shoes or cross my legs, go up a flight of stairs but I think the best thing for me is being able to get on the floor with my grandkids and be able to get back up by myself without aid of someone or something. I for years never would get down and play with them because it was such an effort to get back u*****t be able to get back up. I visit the board frequently to see if anyone has posted and miss hearing how everyone is doing. I am glad to hear you are doing well and hope to hear from some more of the group from January 05. We are still a strong source of support for each otherif there is a need. Take care.
Weston and Gage's
Gr M

on 7/9/07 6:43 am - O'Neill, NE
Hello, from Nebraska. I totally know what you mean by being able to get on the floor and play with grandkids. My grandson is 1 and he keeps me going. He will have a little brother any day now. Can't wait. I had this surgery just for this special reason. To be healthy enough to even see my grandchildren grow up. Please lets all keep in touch more often. Rhonda
white2003toyota
on 7/13/07 8:33 pm - Kaneohe, HI
HI ALL Januarians from 2005!!!! I am so glad to hear from you!!! I would periodically check in, and noticed that the postings had come to almost a complete halt! I really missed the friendships and support that I received after my lap rny on January 10, 2005. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well! Congratulations for doing such a great job!! I am 5' and started out at 263 pounds and am down to 130 pounds. I would love to lose another 10-15 pounds, but I'm not beating myself up. I'm still pretty much on the same food that I was on while I was on my journey. I do give myself a treat every now and then, but I am so fearful of gaining any weight. I never want to see 263 pounds again!! Take care and God Bless to everyone! Let's continue to keep in touch!!!! Love and aloha, Pat
lindaway
on 7/18/07 11:51 pm - Mentor, OH
Hi Rhonda, I am still checking the boards. I have lost a total of 190 lbs. I gained 20 and joined Weigh****chers to help me take it off. I am down 5 of those 20 and still working at it. I would love to get to 170 without plastics. Don't know if it will happen. Can't afford to have plastics...hoping for a hot summer....maybe I could get a couple of rashes. LOL. First time I ever hoped to get a rash. I am still thrilled that I did this. I feel great and have done so much. Went to Cedar Point and rode ALL of the roller coasters, hike, bike, up and down steps...but I guess I am preaching to the choir on this one. What a joy my life is since surgery. Hopefully, we can get this board moving more. I miss all my friends here. Linda
Weston and Gage's
Gr M

on 7/19/07 4:27 am - O'Neill, NE
Hi, Linda You have done fantastic, girl. WOW I know what you mean about plastics, I can't afford them either and ins won't pay. If I could I would get new boobs, mine seem to have disappeared one day. Think someone stole them. LOL It is amazing the things we missed out on being over weight. We went to Las Vegas in October and walked miles a day. It felt so good. Keep in touch Rhonda
WilmaPomerantz
on 7/22/07 10:44 pm - Union, NJ
Hi Rhonda. I guess after 2.5 years many of us are checking into the graduates or plastic surgery boards regularly. I check into the over 50 and NJ boards too but less frequently so this one seems to go by the wayside. I'll try to check in more often. The common thread on the graduates board and this board is the struggle with the same 5 - 10 pounds. I guess it really does make us like the rest of the world - mostly the women of the world - who struggle with those same few pounds. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing to be a part of the crowd. Nice to hear that we are all seeing the benefits - sitting on the floor and not needing a crane to get up, fitting in an airplane seat, etc - from the journey we've taken. Hope everyone stays well. Wilma
Most Active
Recent Topics