Hello Everyone!!

Becky P.
on 9/26/07 1:24 pm - Elizabethton, TN
RNY on 01/25/05 with
Well it has been a long time!! There has been so much that has happened in my life this last year and mostly the last 6 months. Most of you probably don't remember me but I was really active on this board up until a year or so ago. I am now in TN and I am having a hard time with my eating. I am up about 10 pounds or so and I am going to really try to get back on track. If any of you know of anyone in East TN then please let me know so that I can get together with someone else that has had WLS. I am in desperate need of some WLS support!!!! I really hope that everyone is doing okay. From what I have seen on the boards we are all dealing with a 5-10 pound weight gain. Who ever said this was easy is so wrong!!! It is so hard to have to deal with this everyday!! Okay let me know what you are all up to!!!! Becky P.
debdoc
on 10/14/07 10:59 pm - fort wayne, IN
greetings becky! i remember you...didn't you move to another country for a time? i guess you're back in the usa now...welcome home! there's so little activity on this board, i rarely stop by here anymore. as i was SMO when i had surgery, i mostly hang out on the BMI over 50 board these days. sorry to hear you're struggling...hang in there! things are going well for me. i started at 463 lbs., and currently sit at 187. at a height of 5'10", that's still a bit above normal on the BMI scale...but i feel wonderful. i've been at this weight for nearly a year, and with some creative financing, have figured out how to pay for some PS, so i'm scheduled for a circumferential abdominoplasty in early december. while i'm VERY exciting to be getting rid of some of the yards of excess skin, i'm also rather scared about it. i've read some real horror stories about open wounds that won't heal, etc...but i'm forging ahead with it. i think i need to get rid of the skin, or i'm never going to feel like a regular person. when someone tells me i look good now, i feel like an imposter - a fake or something. i say thank you, but inside my head i'm thinking, 'oh you have no idea what i REALLY look like'. it's a weird thing. enough about that! it's really good to hear from you, and i'll make a point to stop by this board again and see if you've been back. i think pat from hawaii stops by from time to time, too. again, welcome home! deb
Weston and Gage's
Gr M

on 10/15/07 7:15 am - O'Neill, NE
Its good to have you back. I check this board every few weeks. Kinda slow now. Yes, I understand the weight gain. I am up about 6 pounds and have tried everything. Hope it doesn't go up any more. Scares me! I know we are healthier and have so much more energy, but... that fat girl is still in here and scared she will gain it all back. I find I can eat alot more now, not nearly what I could eat as a preop, but still more. I still do protein first and don't drink with meals so I guess I am still tuned in and know what I need to do. Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics