Happy 3 Year Anniversary to us ALL!

lindaway
on 1/6/08 6:52 am - Mentor, OH
Okay everyone, I am sure there are a lot of lurkers out there, who check this board often. So....as we approach our third year anniversary, how about letting us all know how you are doing? I will start. I dropped 190 lbs, gained 10 -15. I am currently working to lose that. I am still thrilled with my decision to have surgery. I went from a size 30-32 to 14's. If there was one thing I would change? I would never, ever let the sugar demon back into my diet. I fight that demon constantly. Happy Anniversary to all. Linda
cadler18
on 1/7/08 8:00 am - Mundelein, IL
Happy Anniversary Januarians! I started at 235-240 pounds, dropped to 160 and am up to 169 with a commitment to get to 145 in 2008. I feel as though I never hit my goal...sometimes I think my friends and family must think, "Wow, she even had WLS and she's still not skinny." I would agree with Linda completely...if I could hit the rewind button, I would NEVER let sugar pass my lips and I would have worked much harder the first year to get the weight off and establish good habits. I got too comfortable too quickly and before I knew it, 18 months had passed and I hadn't lost weight since month 5 or so. (It's hard to remember now.) On the bright side, I also remind myself of the great changes I've made and if someone said I had to have WLS every year to maintain, I wouldn't hesitate! It has been, by far, the best decision for me. I'm happier, more confident, and healthier overall. One of my new staff saw a picture of me from years back and asked who that was in the photo--I tend to forget the journey and where I started. Best wishes to you all for a happy, healthy 2008! Christy 240 / 160 / 169 5' 6" start / lowest / current
Weston and Gage's
Gr M

on 1/7/08 8:52 am - O'Neill, NE
Yes, it does not seem like 3 years. I started at 312 and got as low as 162 for about a day and then leveled off at 167 for a long time and the SUGAR bug got me too. I am now at 173 and pretty much stay there. I am horrible at exercise. I went from a size 26 to a 12 -14, so am pretty happy with that. I am 5'9" so even at 173 I still look ok. All I wanted was to be healthy anyway. Am to old for the super model craze! I am going to try and get back in the 160's for my own comfort, hopefully I can do it. Rhonda
Stephanie F.
on 1/11/08 8:39 am - San Antonio, TX
Yeah, It has been 3 long years for us, I went from 331 to 210, I wear between a size 14 to 18 jeans. I have gained some of my weight back, 2007 was a difficult year lost my grandmother on Jan 26, 2007 and then 5 mos later I fractured my foot and was stuck in a boot for almost 6 mos. I hoping to have a better year this year. So now when I have anniversay I have remember my Grandmom. I think a lot of it had do grief and sometimes I am still grieving. Time heals all wounds, Thanks for listening, Best Wishes, Stephanie
lindaway
on 1/18/08 10:48 pm - Mentor, OH
I can so relate Stephanie. I am glad 2007 is behind me. I lost my job after I had WLS. Financially, it has been a disaster. In addition, my father was diagnosed with cancer in the beginning of 2007 and passed away in October. For 6 months, my brothers and I provided round the clock care for him. I pray that time heals all wounds cause I am suffering pretty heavily right now. I would be happy to listen anytime. I understand. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics