need help

mpresley
on 1/19/08 9:24 am
I had surgery 3 years ago on the 12th of January, to me I am a success I started at 300 pounds and was in a size 30.. Today I am in a size 8 to 10 depending on what i wear and I weigh 150 pounds. I just had 12 pounds of skin cut off my lower belly and feel great most of the time. Let me get to why I have come back to obesity help. I seemed to be depressed and I cry alot of time. I screamed at my children, my husband and coworkers. I can go off in a heartbeat on anyone. Can I take and antidepressant. I never felt like I would have to take anything but nothing seems to help. My family is at their wits end with me. I am 34 years old have 5 wonderful children, a loving husband and i think if I don't take care of my problem, am going to lose them. Please any advice will be great. Thanks Melissa
lindaway
on 1/20/08 10:26 am - Mentor, OH
Dear Melissa, Sometimes we mask our issues by eating. It is possible, since you are no longer masking your pain with food, you are expressing your emotions in other ways. It might help to speak with a counselor to help you deal with your emotions. If you need some medication, they may be able to help you with that, too. Good luck. Linda
Judith R.
on 4/3/08 1:20 pm - Monson, MA
Dear Melissa, I just checked in and found your request for help. Yes, you can take meds. I was having some of the same problems .... I found a good therapist and some good meds and feel much better. I hope this helps, Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics