I finally have a date also

gramacookie
on 11/5/04 10:37 pm - OSWEGO, NY
I have finally got my date of January 3, 05. It seems like I have waited sooo long. Buat now they said it will go by real fast. I hops so . One day i am oh so ready. And the next day I get nervous. They say this is normal. I guess it's nice to be noarmal LOL. Does anyone else feel this way?
LINDAHAFLEY
on 11/6/04 5:57 pm - HELENDALE, CA
Hi, Kathleen I know just how you feel, cause I am feeling the same way, my surgery date is January 14th. 2005. Hopefully the time will go by fast, I've been ready for a year now, and finally made the move to do it. Did your Dr. ask you to lose some weight before surgery? Mine did and he wants me to lose about 15 lbs. I am afraid I will have a lot of trouble with all the holiday's. Good luck to you. Linda Hafley
gramacookie
on 11/6/04 11:10 pm - OSWEGO, NY
Hi Linda, Great to hear from you. Yes I lost 20 pounds in 3 months. Maybe it does'nt seem like a whole lot but to me it was. But you are absolutely right, with all of the holidays, I am getting kind of nervous. But I am sure we will both be fine. I have a great doctor. and you must feel the same about yours. So I know we both will be in good hands. Best of luck to you, and I will be praying for all of us!
LINDAHAFLEY
on 11/9/04 9:07 am - HELENDALE, CA
Hi Kathy, I tried to respond to your email but guess it did not go through. I was wondering what you did to get your 20 pounds off, I am in desperate need to get mine off before surgery, any suggestions? I went shopping yesterday with a group of girls and they were all asking me if I was sure about this surgery, and I very clearly and clamly told them that I had investigated this surgery and pondered it for a year before I made my final decision and yes I am sure this is what I want to do for myself, I am 56 now and have 3 grandsons that I want to be around for and to be able to do things with. If you have suggestions on how to get these few pounds off quickly please let me know. Also have you been getting any nutritional information, USC says I'll speak with someone after surgery, hope I will be able to retain infor if I'm on pain meds. My friend said she would stay with me for a few day's when I come home and she has had the same surgery and is an RN so I am thankful for that. Where are you having your surgery, mine is University of So. Calif. Keep in touch. Linda H.
Most Active
Recent Topics