FUN POLL: Exercise? What will you do?

Crystal M
on 12/14/06 12:10 am - Dracut, MA
Yes, it is me with a poll again. LOL!! I was just curious as to what kind of exercise you feel you will do after surgery. Liek some are walkers, runners, aerobics, lifting weights, whatever. I am just curious and maybe some of our ideas of how to keep interested in exercise will help others (even me). I plan on walking on my treadmill and joining a water aerobics class. I am not a huge gym person, so I might save that as a last resort. What will you do to keep it FUN?? Crystal
Sharon G.
on 12/14/06 5:19 am - Middlesex County, NJ
Hey there Crystal, Im having my lap band done the same date as you, January 8th YIPPIIIIIIIII, I just can't wait. As faf as exercise, I've been going to the gym now for about a month and do an hour on the stationary bike, a half hour on the tred mill, and use a few of the machines. Im glad I started this exercise program before the surgery, my doctlor said if I continue to exercise I wil look and feel amazing after the surgery...I wish you the best of luck with your surgery...Keep me updated on you....
Crystal M
on 12/14/06 9:38 am - Dracut, MA
I totally will keep you updated on me and you do the same. I have started my walking and treadmill (when it is too cold outside) and it feels good, especially since I am not a slave to the scale right now. That was always what discouraged me, so I am walking to keep tone, the GBP will take care of the weight. Crystal
cathrynsrealm
on 12/14/06 10:13 am - Corbin, KY
I have a co-worker that's been asking me to start going to Curves (ladie's gym, in case you're not familiar) with her. I am excited about that. I've always wanted to join, but didn't have anyone to go with, and lately, my back pain has been too out-of-hand. So I will be going there on lunch hour. And then I would like to start walking some. Also, I will try to increase my overall physical activity.
wildcat
on 12/15/06 6:08 am - Brick, NJ
Hi everyone? I plan on going back to taking belly dancing classes with my co-workers. I loved them and had to quit because of my schedule. But after my surgery, everything will be different (except my personality) even my schedule. Also my DH has told me that he plans on setting up a gym in the garage so we can work out together. He's so sweet!
Ginah Clark
on 12/15/06 10:16 am
Ok i know i will get grief for this post; BUT I will not be doing any exercise. I will be chasing my kids around, and others kids because I run a daycare, not to mention that we have a golden puppy that needs training and at time chase after my kids school bus becaus they are late. BUT no exercise.
Mholli5
on 12/16/06 1:07 am
I'm planning on swimming, walking, and then running (once I'm under 200 lbs). I really enjoy doing strength training and toning workouts (anyone ever done The Firm? I love those workouts), so I'll be alternating with those as well. I'm really looking forward to exercising again, and not injuring myself at every attempt, know what I mean?
sonya G.
on 12/20/06 2:31 am - carthage, NC
My intentions is to join a local gym and do water aerobics and stationary bike. I've been told with my joint pain those two exercises would be best for me....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1389 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1069 views