January 16th

Joanne N.
on 12/14/06 5:58 am
Hello Everyone, I'm having surgery on January 16th. I'm having open RNY with Dr. Sheldon Randall at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Medford, Mass. I'm very nervous.... I do not worry about the surgery itself, I don't worry about the pain, I worry about the what if's (although I'm getting better about this). I can go a week or two and be happy and excited then something may set me off that makes me think "what if" something happens to me? I know, it's silly but I can't help myself. Yesterday I was watching my daughter on her swingset then the next minute I was crying and telling my husband that I know how much she needs me. I know that I just needed a hug. I'm definately having more up days looking forward to the surgery than down days. I know my up days have lots to do with this website. I don't know what I'd do without all of you always offering support and WANTED advice. Is anybody/everybody having these same thought? Help! Thanks in advance. xoxoJoanne
CissyB
on 12/14/06 11:00 pm - Jackson, NJ
Hi Joanne, yes, its normal ....I have been excited, nervous, happy, scared to death, and everything in between. ..I have four grown kids, and feel the same as you do. my kids would be devastated if anything were to happen to me. I am trusting God, staying away from sad stories on here, and doing what you're doing .........making new friiends on here with good advise. I am supposed to go the day before you, on the 15th. God bless
Anna Bryant
on 12/16/06 11:56 am - Roanoke, VA
Wooohoo Congrats on your date and welcome to the January Board!!! Anna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1389 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1069 views