Insurance has now denied my claim but my docs are going to try to get it overturned

Darlar
on 12/18/06 2:55 am - Springfield, OR
How frustraiting. My surgeons office was so sure my claim would sail through that they even scheduled a date of surgery for me, only to find out today that Aetna denied it based on past BMI's. My surgeons office is not taking this lightly but said Aetna cannot meet with them until 1/4/07 which will change my surgery date.....UGH!! This is hard enough to prepare for without all this. Thanks for listening.
cathrynsrealm
on 12/18/06 3:00 am - Corbin, KY
Frustrating indeed. I can't imagine how hard it is to get prepared for something and then have it taken away like that. javascript:setMainIcon('frown',15,15) But you will get there. I hate how insurance companies just delay the inevitable! Keep the faith. Your turn will come soon!
Darlar
on 12/21/06 2:39 am - Springfield, OR
I apologise for this tardy reply to you. It's been an emotional time for me to say the least. Thank you for your kind words. The support from those of you here helps beyond words. God Bless You. Darla P.
Sharon G.
on 12/18/06 4:58 am - Middlesex County, NJ
I was denied as well by Aetna, so Im paying for it out of pocket..I really can't be bothered to send in another claime and fight with them, I want the lap band so much, Im schedulked for January 8th and just can't wait....
Darlar
on 12/21/06 2:50 am - Springfield, OR
Hi Sharon, That is good for you. Best of luck on your upcoming surgery. All hope is not lost for me. My surgeon is going to bat for me against my insurance company on 1/4/07. I have a true medical need so hopefully they will be able to convince Aetna of this. Darla
Anna Bryant
on 12/18/06 11:44 pm - Roanoke, VA
Ohhh Darla, I am so sorry to hear that. That is frustrating but hang in there...I really feel like your insurance sometime tries to delay so you will give up the fight. Don't stop fighting hon...let them have it We're here for you and all it means is a later date. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!! (((hugs))) Anna
Evelyn K.
on 12/19/06 6:00 am - south plainfield, NJ
I had my wls scheduled and then two days before the dr pulled the plug on it. didn't like one of my test results and I had to have his dr perform a test. I spend a real downer of a week. But you will be back up. Trust me. It's a bit of a roller coaster but hang in there. Get back up and fight back.
Darlar
on 12/21/06 2:54 am - Springfield, OR
Hi Evelyn, Thank you pretty lady. I appreciate your words of encouragement. Best wishes for your upcoming surgery. It's just a matter of time for me I'm sure. God Bless You. Darla
Darlar
on 12/21/06 2:52 am - Springfield, OR
Hi Anna, What a sweet post you sent to me here. Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I'm not giving up, just a bit frustraited is all. Things happen for a reason and I still have hope that's for sure. Happy Holidays to you. Darla
Darlar
on 12/21/06 2:56 am - Springfield, OR
Hi Anna, What a sweet post you sent to me here. Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I'm not giving up, just a bit frustraited is all. Things happen for a reason and I still have hope that's for sure. Happy Holidays to you. Darla
Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1392 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1070 views