January 12th...I have a new life to start

Karen K.
on 12/29/06 1:31 pm - Paris, TX
I am having my surgery on Jan 12th and really getting excited and anxious at the same time. I am really glad to find this board as it would seem we are all starting the new year together and a new life for that matter. I am having open RNY and so ready to have a chance a really living again. I have been disabled for the past 6 years and in some level of pain all day everyday. I have arthritis, fibromyalgia and a whole host of other things whi*****lude obesity related illnesses. I am such hopes of getting rid of medicines , cane, breathing machine and ect...I would love to be able to feel like a 47 year old again and not an 87 year old...Scratch that.. there are probably 87 year olds that feel better than I do. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and wish everyone well on your surgeries. May God bless each and everyone of you and He will see us through. Take care, Karen
Alice Urrutia
on 12/30/06 2:22 am - Fresno, CA
Welcome Karen, I too am so excited for my surgery, you will be 4 days post op by the time I go in. so you will need to be a role model for me. I will be keeping up with your progress so please keep me posted. Have you been doing anything to get ready for surgery such as looking into protein? My husband bought me some baby bowls and spoons I was told that they are good tools to have so that we won't tend to over eat. I also have baught some samples of protein just to see if I like them. so far I like the ones that I picked. I to have allot of medical problems I weigh 250lbs and I have diabetes, high blood pressure, an irregular heart rate (thanks to Fen Fen), I am a cancer survivor, when I was 21 I had my gallbladder removed and I actually died on the operating table. I was clinically dead for 1.3 minutes. so I have done it all. any way I am so ready to start a new life and put all this behind me. Together we can get thru this. Keep in touch. Warmly, Alice
Karen N.
on 12/30/06 6:44 am - Charlotte, NC
Karen, Thanks for the post. Although I don't have the illness you do, I can sympathize with you and will be saying a special prayer for your healing and recovery. Please keep us up to date. Happy New Life to Us!! Karen
Anna Bryant
on 12/30/06 10:45 pm - Roanoke, VA
Woooooohooooo God is good and is granting us a new lease on life. Lets grab it and go...... Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! May you have an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery!! Anna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1395 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1070 views