My surgeversary!!

Anna Bryant
on 1/24/08 2:57 am - Roanoke, VA
Well today I am one year out and I can honestly say it's been one heck of a journey. I have found myself, my family and the love of my life again. Today I thanked Dr. Lucktong and he said "you did it all, my part was easy" What an awesome doctor he is. He is my hero, because he gave me the tool with which to take back my life. It hasn't always been easy and I'm sure I will sometimes struggle to keep what I have found. I do know that I will never go back to being that person I was one year ago today. I've worked to hard. While I was at the doctors I told everyone that my son who is 6 calls my stomach or what's left of it the monster....lol because there are eyes where the scar is and my belly button is the mouth. Too funny, at least he isn't at that age when he would just say "that's gross mom" I wanted to thank you all for the support you have given me!! You are all truly awesome people!! Oh by the way...my docs goal is 145, this morning when I stepped on the scales it was 145...yipppeee. However by the time I got dresses it was up to 148...that's okay. They said I was a success and they even asked me if I would be on a panel for the support group. Not sure what that means yet, but I am willing. Then I heard them talking in the hall saying I am a great roll model..wow that really made me feel good. I think it is because I do exercise and have from the very beginning. I am in a size 8 now comfortably and once I have my LBL I most likely will be in a six. Poor "monster " is going away. I really could not have hoped for any better. They did lower my goal to 135 but want me to go with whatever I am comfortable with. I am still shooting for 132. Anna
EGSuzie
on 1/24/08 3:15 am - Elk Grove, CA
WooHoo Anna!!! Congratulations on one fantastic year of hard work and change! You met your doctor's goal and are now aiming for your own...that's wonderful!! I have a scary "monster" as well, except that my 5 year old daughter is not as tactful as your son. She tells me every time that she sees my belly, "You really need to get that cut off mom...it's just yucky!". Out of the mouths of babes, huh? Keep up the great work, but don't get too skinny, okay? lol Best of luck in year #2...looking forward to seeing you around. ~Suz
Anna Bryant
on 1/24/08 10:48 pm - Roanoke, VA
Thanks Suz, I just get a kick out of most stuff Logan comes up with. Anna
oneplustwo
on 1/24/08 5:21 am - Zeeland, MI
Anna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEYYYYYYYY!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! You should be so proud. You did it. Did you ever think that was possible? You have done amazing girl! You look awesome!
Anna Bryant
on 1/24/08 10:50 pm - Roanoke, VA
Thanks Janie, no I didn't...lol. Today I am waring my size 8 jeans and a small black nice blouse....a small who'd a thunk it. I haven't been in this size since before puberty when I ballooned out. I feel fantastic and that is the main thing. Anna
jtrudolph
on 1/24/08 9:59 am
Happy surgiversary Anna! You've had an amazing year and look fantastic! WTG on making your drs goal Woooohoooo!
Anna Bryant
on 1/24/08 10:51 pm - Roanoke, VA
Thanks Terrisa, you too girl. Look at you, you look amazing!! Anna
comom2trips
on 1/24/08 12:13 pm
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary and meeting your Dr's goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahooo!!!! My 4 1/2 year old triplets ask- "why is your tummy so big" all the time. I finally told them- it's not. It seems to have died a bit for now- but I can't let them know it bothers me or I'll never hear the end of it!!! Asking you to be on a panel is a huge compliment and it must feel good to have them recognize your hard work!!! Great job- Holly
Anna Bryant
on 1/24/08 10:56 pm - Roanoke, VA
Boy do I know that feeling. I think they have just been so used to seeing us in a certain way that they still see us that way. Logan will still occassionally say I am still fat. I know he is talking about my tummy. I know I couldn't believe it when they asked me. I wonder if they knew I could hear them talking out in the hall. They said because I have worked so hard and have not lost sight of my goal and plus I exercise. Made me wonder if not many people that they do surgery on exercise. I live for it and my hubby is so awesome and if I want to do something extra he takes care of Logan. Anna
lindy7767
on 1/24/08 2:05 pm - Forney, Texas, TX
Anna, Congrats lady!!! We are surgery anniversary buds....I have been so busy this week, I haven't even had a chance to put together my one year reflections like so many of you have.. I have been struggling to even have time to get to the boards. I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all of your support this past year. I am so proud of you for making it to your doctor's goal today...I know that has to be awesome. Good luck on meeting your next goal. Hugs, Lindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1395 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1070 views