Monday Morning Weigh In

M B.
on 11/16/09 10:13 pm - Warrensburg, MO
Hello January ladies! Suz – hope you don’t mind if I get this rolling. For the first time ever I am anxious to post my Monday weight!   Primarily due to my tummy tuck on Thursday I am now down around 10 pounds for the week. Thursday morning at the hospital I weighed 172.5 before the procedure. As of this morning I am at 160. The doctor removed almost 9 pounds from my belly! I have been eating small amounts of protein 4 times a day even though I have no real hunger; just want to keep up my strength. I was hoping that this surgery would jump start my weight loss and I could drop that last 15-20 pounds, looks like it has helped. I would love to be in the 150’s yet this week!   I’m feeling great for the most part. The muscle tightening that he did is definitely noticeable. I feel like I’ve done 1000 sit ups. But with the muscle relaxant and the pain medicine it has all been very tolerable. My hubby is taking great care of me and I have this week and next off work. I pretty sure I will be ready to go back by then.    HOLLY – I’m wondering how you are doing with the reactive hypoglycemia? I have had episodes of low blood sugar too and after reading your post did some more research. I already had a meter and would check my levels when I felt an episode coming on, but what I did not realize was that it was “reactive". That it was the latent effect of what I had eaten earlier. I always thought it meant I needed sugar then, like a regular hypoglycemic would, well that would just make me sicker because than that sugar would make me feel bad. I think for me the answer is sticking with protein and complex carbs. I have been pushing the limits and eating the wrong things way too often. I hope you are finding some answers and management techniques. 

Marilyn  
Weight at Consult - 247 / Goal weight - 145 
Current weight 158
BMI - 24
Height 5'8"
Anchor cut tummy tuck on 11/12/09

EGSuzie
on 11/16/09 11:46 pm - Elk Grove, CA
I don't mind at all...I was slacking on my duty, anyway! lol. In fact, I didn't even weigh yesterday or today...but I'm likely about 141, as always.

I am stunned you have already lost 10 pounds...that is amazing! It must feel like such a shock to feel tight muscles and skin where it used to be jiggly-wiggly. So exciting! I. can. not. wait!!!!!

And you are right about the reactive hypo...protein and complex carbs are the way to go. Sadly, even then it can sneak up on you. Melting Mama (Beth) has been dealing with this for quite a while. In fact, that's the only way I could figure out what was going on with me in the middle of the night. You might want to check out her blog if you haven't already...lots of info and stories about it.

High Wt. 251.5/Goal 150/Current 145  39 yrs. old, 5' 6" tall, Size 1
  December 22, 2009~~ BA, Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck, Sm. Thigh lift   
                     Dr. Francisco Sauceda, Monterrey, Mexico

Most Active
Recent Topics
Year 7!!!
Stephanie B. · 14 replies · 1384 views
5 Year Anniversary
Stephanie B. · 1 replies · 1067 views