I've got a date

deejay1971
on 12/3/07 7:07 pm - Cincinnati, OH
Yes ladies and gents! Monday 1/7/08 is my lap band surgery date. I am happy yet a bit afraid as this will be a major event for me since I have been obese for the past 20 plus years. I thank God that he has kept me and has allowed me to make it this far. I had an original date of 10/25/07 but had to pu**** back due to my job and a promotion i received. I have my last appt with my physician Friday, 12/7 to sign final paperwork and to meet with the dietician. I am supposed to go on a liquid diet two weeks prior to my surgery which will be the week of Christmas and New Years. Now this will be extremely hard because my family has always been big eaters around this time of year. I think i might have to stay in my mothers basement on Christmas Eve and Christmas day because i know seeing all the food and desserts will tempt me to just say "to hell with this liquid diet mess" (lol). I wouldnt do that because this surgery is more important to me. Please keep me in your prayers my fellow bandsters and gatric bypass family. As I will keep all of you in mine.
toykeytay
on 12/5/07 12:33 am - Sunny Town, MI
I know just how you feel... My birthdate is Jan. 24 my surgery is Jan. 21 I'll be on the liquid diet from Janury 7th until surgery... I'm moving on the 18th of Dec. so I'm not cooking (family is 2 hours away), I have to find a way to celebrate my birthday with all the stuff going on... I might just wait until after the surgery and praise God for letting me see another day (on the loser side). Congrats on your date, you'll be fine. :-D
deejay1971
on 12/6/07 7:53 am - Cincinnati, OH
Thanks so much for your support Elysian. Yes we will both be fine i'm sure - we will look back and wonder how we got over this hurdle in our lives.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 658 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 787 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 901 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 905 views