Back home and on the mend

Karen T.
on 1/9/08 7:52 am - Cartersville, GA
I had my operation on Monday morning and got home this afternoon. I didn't realize how little I would actually be able to tolerate. You prepare and research and then it's still an aha moment. The pain is no where near as bad as I thought it would be. I am happy to be home, even though the hospital staff was wonderful. Good luck to all whose surgery is coming up.
banae75
on 1/9/08 9:20 pm - verona beach, NY
be prepared for the crying when someone eats something in front of you. Remember to walk walk walk.... drink drink drink.... I am only 4 weeks out and still have to remember I had surgery and to stop when my body is tired... Listen to your body it is very smart.... Good luck and welcome to the losers bench! ~Renee
WLYB
on 1/9/08 11:25 pm - Gainesville, VA
RNY on 01/07/08 with
Hi Karen, I had surgery on Monday, 1/7/08, as well and left the hospital on Tuesday evening. The nurses said I was trying to run a marathon in the hall; I was actually trying to convince my doctor to let me go home, so I could get some rest. I did feel good on Tuesday, but by Wednesday, it felt like a Mack truck had run over me and backed up again for good measure. My husband gave me a whole "poor me" day and is pushing me a little more today to get in gear... walk, drink water, drink protein, etc. Doggone WLS magazine they gave me in the hospital... he's been reading it. I guess these up and down days are to be expected, but overall, things are going really well with everything being tolerated well. I hope your recovery continues to go as good as well. Wanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 658 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 786 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 901 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 905 views