want surgery but so afraid

AUNTBJ
on 6/7/08 6:11 pm
I am 57 years old and over 400lbs. I have lots of health issues. Am i too old, too fat, and too many issues to have the surgery. Oldest daughter had hers yesterday and so far she is doing very good. I worry about eating the right things and enough. Daughter is a nurse and was so ready to do this. She did not want to have health problems i have. Is there anyone out there that is over 55 and over 400 lbs that has had the surgery? Please tell me how you are doing. thanks for any info auntbj
rita M.
on 6/20/08 6:06 pm - branchville, SC
Hi Auntbj, I am 59.I had my Rny on Jan.8th.,08 I haven't had any problems yet..I weighed 408 when I first started going to Dr. Strickland. now I weigh 292..I feel so much better..And look better ,too..I have sleep apnea,high blood presure,aruthris ,nerve problems, high cholesterol ,diabetities,,Right now i am still on all my medicines... I go back to him on July 23 and he might take me off some of them...Rita
ericson414
on 7/7/08 1:29 am - Harlingen, TX
I was 53 and weighed 437 lbs when I started out with the doctor. He first put me on a supervised diet for 3 months in which I lost 38 lbs. I had several health problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, and thyroid problems. After the surgery it took several months but I'm glad to say the only medicine that I am still on is for my thyroid, which my doctor says that after I have lost all the weight I might be able to get off that one too. They have been able to lower the dose that I take. I have lost a total of 127 lbs since I started. Just since the surgery its 89 lbs. I am able to eat most anything but of course eat smaller portions. I even went on a long weekend to visit my daughter and stayed on the diet. I have such a great support group in family and friends that makes it easy to stay on track. I was scared at first but I have such a great doctor my worries went away. Good luck auntbj
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 655 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 785 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 899 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 904 views