20 weeks

aneee
on 7/1/03 5:45 am - orangevale, ca
My surgery was on 2/21/03 20 weeks down 88 lbs. I am now at 260. My goal is 175, my high school weight. I am 5'10" and 175 should put me in a size 12. I am starting to see sagging skin. Kaiser, my HMO will do a tt at 2 years out. I cant wait. I have 3 hernieated disks and the extra weight is really painful. Although the loss of 88 lbs has helped tremendously. I congratulate all of you for your efforts. I know we all have put in all of our hearts and soul into this for a better life for ourselfs and our family. I would love to hear from any and all of you and wish you all God speed and a healthy you!!! God Bless you all from sunny CA. Darlene Swager
sweetiewee
on 7/7/03 11:20 pm - Hillsdale, MI
Darlene, We're surgery twins! I had my open rouen-y on Feb 21st of this year also! I'm a bit envious of your loss though! I have lost 70lbs(I started at 316 and am now at 246, I'm only 5ft 1 and a half inches tall) and am thrilled to have lost that much, but am nurvous about how fast that sixth month cut off for the 'honeymoon' phase is approaching. I'm worried that the loss will slow even more. Do you ever have feelings like these. I know we aren't supposed to compare ourselves, but I think it's human nature to do so. I find I get discouraged when I hear how much more others have lost at this point (like you, lol). Don't get me wrong, I'm happier than all get out for that person, just wi**** were me. As far as I can see, I've done everything to a tee, I just have a very stubbourn system. The surgeon said I could have 30grams of carbs PER MEAL, I've scaled back to about 30 PER DAY. Only then did I see a real jump in the wt loss. Sigh, anyhoo, I hope you continue to do well and that you get your plastic surgery as well. Continue to post and keep us filled in on your progress. All my best, Stacie Lynne
Most Active