Feeling Wonderful!

giffordcl
on 7/11/03 10:43 pm - Lake Stevens, WA
Hi everyone my surgery was 2/12/03 and today is my 5 month mark, I started at 285, today I'm at 200, that is -85 pounds! I had wanted to hit the century mark at my 6 months. We will see, 15 in one month now seems like a lot since it seems my losing has slowed way down. It is nice to see how everyone else is doing! I realized I'm over the halfway mark, that is so exciting. I have lost all co-morbidities, sleep apnea, type ii diabetes, urinary incontinenence, aching and hurting legs, etc. My kids are enjoying the new active me but they keep saying mom, your not mom, not as cuddly, I keep reminding them, same mom just healthier! They have never known a mom this thin and I'm not even at goal, I think in a way it scares them a little. My daughter the other day couldn't find me at the gym, she didn't recognize me. How scary is that? But they are laughing about that now. This change is huge for me but really is for the rest of my family. I sometimes don't think we realize the impact it has on so many other people. Have a great day!
Kim H.
on 8/12/03 8:49 am - Vallejo, CA
I agree that you don't realize the huge impact it has on the people around you. My husband keeps telling everyone that he can't find me in bed anymore because I have shrunk so much, lost 110 pounds Open RNY 2/11/03. He keeps telling me that I have lost enough weight already. I can't figure out if he is nervous about my health or insecure. I keep telling him that I am feeling great and that I Love Him for going through this with me.
Most Active