Need new clothes

Jeffrey G.
on 7/29/03 1:01 pm - Orlando, FL
Since my release from the hospital March 17th I have gone from 288 down to 210 as of today. My problem is I have no clothes that fit me. I eat whatever I want. But I don't desire food that much. I take prescription vitamins plus extra E and C. Found a new way too make lasagna by using cabbage instead of noodles. I've been told that I look to be in my 40s now even though I am 58. I have lost 7 inches around my waste. Found an old pair of Dockers the other day that I wore back in 1995. They fit and they are size 38. I hope to continue to drop til I reach my desired weight of 195. I have a lot of very expensive suites and sports clothes that just don't fit me any more. I have not been to any of those meetings. I live in Metro West and they are all to far from me. It sure would be nice to have a friend who has the same likes and dislikes as me that has gone through this procedure.
eaamc
on 8/8/03 1:30 am - Minneapolis, MN
Jeff, I usually only lurk on this message board as I 'technically' had my surgery in January (31st), but I just loved the lasagne with cabbage idea and wanted to thank you for sharing, I'm going to try it...hopefully the hubby and kids will like it too. Congrats on your weight loss. You HOPE you make it to 195, that's just around the corner, you'll make it. I can relate to the no clothes thing...well kind of. I have always kept an 'outgrown' box around. But as of now, I have no clothes for fall and all of the summer things I did have are getting too big...and I almost hate to start shopping now being that I'm still losing 2-3 pounds a week. Oh, the burdens of losing weight! lol. Well, thanks again for the idea!
Most Active