Im I failing on this weight loss thing?

jody W.
on 11/2/03 10:44 pm - grove city, oh
I am almost at one year post op. It is Nov.3 and I had surgery Feb.20 I was 340, now I am at 255--thats about 85 pounds. I notice many people are at or over 100 pound loss by now, what gives? Jody
Karen B.
on 11/4/03 11:49 am - Port Angeles, WA
Jody, Don't be discouraged. My surgery was Feb. 26, 03 and I finally made it to the 100 lb. mark. I thought I was gonna be stuck on 94 forever, Oct. 6 I only lost 94 lbs. Then today I stepped on the scale and if I could have done a cartwheel, I would have!! The scale finally moved. I started out at 415 and am now 314. I never thought that I would ever see 350 let alone 314. I was starting to get a lil' depressed cause I wasn't losing and others were. Our bodies work at different rates and I want to be skinny YESTERDAY!! Take care...Karen
evieyw
on 11/29/03 11:43 pm - Torrance, Ca
Please don't feel that you are failing. When was the last time you lost 85 pounds????? I am a slow weight loss person as well and I do get discouraged. I still look in the mirror and wish that I could lose more but I will not get discouraged or give up. I'm losing and thats all that matters to me. Don't compare yourself to others everyones body is different. Hang in there!
Most Active