Scared to Death!

pamquilts2
on 1/23/07 3:48 am - Orland Park, IL
Had my first class to prepare for preop open bypass. I am so scared. The thought of not eating scares me. I keep saying to myself that I eat to live not live to eat. Will I ever to able to eat again?
CissyB
on 1/23/07 7:25 am - Jackson, NJ
Yes you will. If you go to the Spt , Oct boards maybe you can read posts from those folks who had surgery a couple / few months ago who are now eating regular food. That will halp alot more than this board cause nobody here has had their surgery yet. You'll be fine. Cissy surg. date 2/5
pamquilts2
on 1/23/07 11:51 pm - Orland Park, IL
Hi Cissy, I want to thank you for responding. That was a good suggestion. I will do that. I also had my labs for surgery this morning and the technician's husband had the oopen by pass. She said he never had any problems and is now eating everything. I feel much bwetter this morning about it. Thanks for all the suipport. Pam
bandycat
on 1/23/07 1:03 pm - Boscobel, WI
VSG on 02/19/07 with
Hi Pamela, I think there are alot of us that feel that way....completely. Along with being scared of the surgery and feeling like --Will I be the one this doesn't work on. But we all are here and can support each other. We will be fine and get thru it. It is just a period of time that will become a memory quickly. The changes we are all about to have are life changing and in a year we will be much smaller! We have lots of wows to come. And that is very exciting. Just take some deep breaths and you will be fine! Hugs, Cathy
pamquilts2
on 1/23/07 11:58 pm - Orland Park, IL
hi Cathy, Thank you so much for the support. I do feel much better this morning. As soon as I can figure out how to get my picture here, I will . I'll mget my son to do it for me. Had my labwork done for surgery this morning. She put my mind at ease a bit too. Good luck to you and I am here for you if you need me too. Hug back, Pam
Shelley J.
on 1/25/07 12:29 am - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
Hi guys, Well put Cathy! I am certainly going through the scared to death thing today. It changes from day to day and sometimes hour to hour. You are not alone Pamela - not by a long shot. We can do this though...right??? Shelley
pamquilts2
on 1/25/07 6:49 am - Orland Park, IL
Hi Shelley, I certainly know what you mean and you are so right. My emotions are so up and down right now I don't know if I am coming or going. I have had a headache for a week. Yes, we can do this Shelley. It will be tough but we must do this. For ourselves and our health. Keep in touch! Think good thoughts. Pam
Lisa B
on 1/25/07 12:36 pm - Riverside, CA
Hi Shelley, Hello to my same surgery date buddy! YES WE CAN ALL DO IT! I am freaking out! I just want it to be Feb 6th allready! I get to go have my EDG test tomorrow...oh how I am so looking forward to that...NOT! I know we will all look back on this in a month or two and wonder why we all worried so much! Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 742 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 764 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 714 views