8 days out-liquid here I come

Charlottekay
on 1/27/07 3:19 pm - Nebo, KY
Well I start my liquid diet tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. I am getting a little nervous about the surgery. I'm trying not to think about it. I went Friday to buy the things for me to eat this week and get my vitamens. I got so upset I almost started crying in the store. There's a lot to this shopping now. I have to read the labels and look at things I never looked at before. Plus I still have to feed my family. It was too over whelming. But I'm ok now. I know this is all for the better . Is there anyone else out there that is getting nervous about their soon to be surgery? Charlotte
Morgen H.
on 1/27/07 5:31 pm - San Diego, CA
Oh, heck yeah!! I am anxiously buzzing around or staring blankly into my computer screen most of the day. I'm sooooooo nervous. I have my moments of pure joy , but they only last about 5 seconds before the anxiety comes back . I'm even having nightmares ......I can't wait 'til this is over!!!! Morgen
CissyB
on 1/28/07 3:25 am - Jackson, NJ
Morgen, Last month I had about three nightmares. They were so bad that my daughter heard me out of her sound sleep and came into my bedroom to wake me up. I was crying out loud. First I had missed my Mom who passed away last year. The second time, I was dreaming someone was murdering me. It was really scarry. I think subconciously we are more scared than we realise, so it's normail to dream, but I'm not scared anymore. I prayed all day long and I think God has really helped me thru this fear. I searced His will for a long time. I know it's not His will for us to stay in proglonged illness ......so I do now think it really is His will to help us with this surgery. He gives me my peace.....He IS my peace. I'll remember you in my prayers. Cissy
Morgen H.
on 1/28/07 8:46 am - San Diego, CA
Cissy, Thank you so much for your words. They are so comforting. I, too, do not think it is god's will for us to stay sick. And it was a "Godsend" for us to find the answer to our prayers through this surgery and become healthy again. Morgen
adakgirl
on 1/27/07 7:39 pm - Manchester, NH
Oh yeah...can't wait for the evening of Feb 5th....Iam almost a week down on my liquid diet...one more week to go....the first 3 days were the worst however still hard when everyone sits down to eat supper. When I went for my pre-op they took me off all my Vits. I feel like I am on an emotional rollar coaster. Happy one minute crying the next on edge the next....my poor family...lol.
Morgen H.
on 1/28/07 8:40 am - San Diego, CA
Carolyn, I can really relate to the emotional roller coaster you are going through. I, too, am that way. I have been journaling and it helps some to get my fears on paper. Just to get them out to a non-judgemental piece of paper and help me find solutions or just vent. I give you good energy. I know that emotional roller coasters are no fun, to say the least. But we will get through this. And we will be soooomuch the better for it. As my friend on the cali board said to me, there is a chance of something going wrong, but I can die on the operating table or I can choose to die a long slow death from Morbid Obesity.We are making the right choice and we are truly brave. Morgen
Rae D.
on 1/31/07 12:15 am - Mufreesboro, TN
I'm on day 3 of the liquid diet, and soooo hungry. I feel like my stomach is this empty hole, and these CIB's are just not cutting it. And, I can't get this fake sugar aftertaste out of my mouth. bleh. Well, I think we'll all be doing a lot of complaining for the next couple weeks, and then the losing will begin! On the positive side, I have lost poundage! My pre-op weight is technically 274 (taken at my visit with my surgeon), I was 264 on Monday, and 260 today! So, I'm that much closer to goal. I still have to set up a signature, so I'll just type in my info below. Ok, I seriously need to figure out something else to do. All I'm thinking about is food! Rae Lap RNY 2/6/07 298/274/260/150 highest/"pre-op"/current/goal
Rae D.
on 1/31/07 2:59 am - Mufreesboro, TN
let's see if this signature works...
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 742 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 763 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 714 views