It is almost February

CissyB
on 1/28/07 3:19 am - Jackson, NJ
Yikes, it really is. I for one am so excited. I used to be so scared but thank God I have peace and courage now, praise God for that ! I just ordered some vitamins and things I will need from Bariatric eating.com things like protien tubes, and vitamins. Next Sunday at this time I will be packing my hospital bag and going to bed early, I am the first scheduled surgery of the day for next Monday the 5th. ..my new birthday. Then it'll be my real birthday on the 15th. I' ll remember you all in my prayers..please do the same for me. Thanks God bless you all, Cissy
RainSpirit
on 1/28/07 3:29 am - Martinsville, IL
Wonderful! I too am excited! I will be heading to bed early this wednesday for mine on feb 1. You share the same date as my dear friend and surgery sis Shelly J! Best wishes and prayers go out to you and all the OH members having surgery.. actually all everywhere! Hugs! Rain Spirit aka Doreen Our Guardian will be there
Charlottekay
on 1/28/07 7:57 am - Nebo, KY
Crissy, I spent my day at Wal-mart with my notes from the nutritionist trying to pick just the right vitamins, pill crusher, and pill holder (so I won't forget). This was so nerve wrecking. I just wanted to sit down and cry. There are so many different things out there. I finally went to the pharmaisit and asked for help. Turns out I picked up the right stuff. Plus I started my liquid diet today and I am so hungry. But it's all good. I'm trying not to think about anything yet. Because I don't want to get upset and start cryiing. So out of sight out of mind. There will be time enough for nerves Sunday night and Monday morning. I have to be there at 11:00 and my surgery is at 1:30. I'll proably need the happy medicine by 12:00. Thanks for the incouranging words. I've told everyone to think positvie and everything will turn out great. I know the same will hold true for you. I've also done better when I decided to put it all in God's hands. Good luck with everything I'll keep you in my prayers. Charlotte
CissyB
on 1/28/07 9:39 am - Jackson, NJ
Hi Charlotte, Glad you got some help and got your stuff. I had to get Flintstones chewables. But the Bariatriceating.com has the test tube protien drinks that are only 3 oz. that will be alot easier to get down two a dayat 42 gms protien, than the 20 oz bottles of Isopure that I would need three a day of to get in the 60 grams minimum of protien. ...while on clear liquids. I ordered two weeks worth, after that I can use the powdered protien and make shakes in the blender. Don't feel too bad. I had to start on medi fast liquids on Jan 2. My surgery was supposed to be jan 15. it got extended almost 3 more weeks to shrink my liver more, and my big fat abdomen. So it's been a very long time now....26 days to be exact. But I do get one lean and green meal a day. That is like the highlight of my day. I am starving by then. We'll all be on the losers bench very soon, and all of this will be well worth it. This is the hardest part of the journey , I think. You are in my prayers, Cissy
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 742 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 763 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 714 views