Surgery...Update

Charlottekay
on 1/29/07 12:59 pm - Nebo, KY
The doctor's office called today to reschedule my time. I am still having surgery on Feb. 5th but instead of having to be there at 11:00 and my surgery at 1:30. Now I have to be there at 8:00 and the surgery is at 10:30. That is actually better for me, because this way I won't be able to sit around and get freaked out about the whole thing. I'm 6 days out and 2 days in on this liquid diet. I'm starving!!!!! I'm hoping things will get better after tomorrow. Everyone has said after the third day it's not so bad. Well right now it sucks! But I just have to keep the big picture in mind. I think what I hate most about this liquid diet is I have to go pee every 5 mintues. Oh yeah and I better lose weight this week too. This really stinks! Here's to everyone that's going through the same thing. Cheers! Good Luck and God Bless everybody!!!!!!!! Charlotte
pamquilts2
on 1/30/07 2:54 am - Orland Park, IL
Hi Charlotte, I know what you mean. I have been on this liquid diet for a week now. I have been drinking slim fast shakes for 2 meals and eating 4 OZ of protein and veggies at dinner. I think I get up and pee every hour. Don't sleep well because I am always getting up. I have lost 20 lbs. this week. The only thing I can't gewt inwto is the exercise I am supposed to be doing. I am too weak. Almost passed out twice. Are you supposed to do it too? 20 min. of cardio and flexiblity and strengthening exercises. I didn't do that when I was feeling well. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. ready for surgery at 7:30. The first one! Well, I wish you all the luck in the world! Pam
Charlottekay
on 1/30/07 11:04 am - Nebo, KY
Hey .....you get veggies at dinner??????????????? All I can have is 6 protein Instant Carnation Breakfast drinks for the whole day. I can supplement with water, jello, and broth. But that's all I can have. I am starving. I got a little dizzy today. And a little (ok a lot) cranky last night. I need just a bite of something. But only a few more days to go. This is only my 3rd day on it. I would really die if I had to do it for 2 weeks. But no I don't have to do any exercises. And it's a good thing because after work I am so tired. I just want to sleep. Whew...you have an early surgery. I wouldn't mind if mine was that early. Get it done and over with. I'm just really dreading any pain. I don't do well with pain. And I hate the feeling when you wake up after surgery and your not sure where you are and then the pain comes and you remember. Just bring on the pain meds. God Luck with all Pam! Can't wait to see you on the other side. Charlotte
CissyB
on 1/30/07 12:59 pm - Jackson, NJ
Hi Pam, 20 lbs! that is wonderful!! what a great head start you have on your wt loss. My surgery time is the same as yours for the 5th at 7 30. I have only lost like 12 lbs all month. consider yourself way ahead of the game....and no don't let yourself pass out and fall and get hurt. Call your surgeon's office and explain. good luck with everything Cissy
charlotte64
on 1/31/07 12:03 am - Barnegat, NJ
hi charlotte lyne, I'm sorry to here you have to be on the liquid diet befor surgery..... I wish you luck in getting through the next few days of liquid and of course luck with the surgery. I just canced my surgery for tommorow because im sick, but have a new date of feb. 14th. good-luck & best wishes Charlotte (from NJ)
Most Active
Recent Topics
HAPPY 3 YR SURGIVERSARY!
SUSIEQQ62 · 0 replies · 742 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 763 views
Reality
Shelley J. · 0 replies · 714 views